Monday, July 25, 2016

This is the reason why I hoard my art supplies

Using Distress Paints on my Gel Press plate® still remains one of my most fun techniques as of today. I had those distress paints sitting around since he first came out with them in 2013 ( some aren't even opened ) because, really, they didn't do anything for me, and I was first in line to buy every color he had!
... and now....well now I can't get enough of them.
 And this is why I am afraid to throw away any art supplies and hoard them all...sigh....it just reinforces my need to keep everything because you never know when you will need it or maybe learn how to use it correctly! 

To make the mask 
1. Stamp or draw your lines for the address
2. Draw your image around the lines using the stamp to guide you
3. then cut it out
or
scan and copy the stamped image and enlarge it!

Once I make my masks I can keep them forever and store them in the package along with my stamps so they are handy.

 I made this card a couple of weeks ago and you can find the video to using Distress Paints and your Gel Press® plate HERE
Feel free to give me a "thumbs up" and subscribe all you want...lol...

I love making mail art, it's fun to create something that will spread smiles!


3 comments:

Annmakes said...

What a wonderful whale! I too am a hoarder of supplies and so happy to know we are in the same club 🤗

Jean said...

THis guy is so cute!!

Pam said...

I love these, your background looks fabulous and that is the cutest whale! Yep, craft supply hoarder here! I have 4 full bottles of glimmer mist that I got at a thrift store and I haven't used it yet. I want to, I just haven't (I think it's going to be messy). Found some stamps and sewing supplies at a yard sale Saturday. I just can't help myself!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com