Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mermaid envelope art

My mermaid this month for the facebook group called 12 Months of Mermaids is envelope art, something I am sure you know I am fond of if you read my blog on a regular basis. 

 I had to block out the addresses but I wanted you to get the gist of how cool it looks to incorporate spaces in your art to write in. Well, at least I think so!

I played around with my Paper Crafter crayons, they say you can sharpen them but I haven't figured out how to do that since they twist open...yep, they keep twisting when you sharpen them too..lol And of course I used my PITT pens.

Since this card is inspired by my friend Jamie, I had to include a crab in it, they seem to love her and always let her catch them when she is at the beach.

From the last vacation that Jamie I took together down at Panama Beach Fl.

The power of a postage stamp is strong: such a simple object has the ability 

to connect others no matter how much land/ocean divides them...Sending 

mail, even something as simple as a letter, 

can truly brightens someone's day.

3 comments:

Jean said...

This makes everyone smile as it makes it's way through the mail!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

What a great envelope! I love how you used the mermaid's tail for your address. The crab is definitely a special touch for your friend. How wonderful!

Hope you are doing well. I think I have a retirement date - 09/18! Woo hoo.

Hugs,
Kay

Kalea Wavedancer said...

So freaking awesome!!!!