Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sundays with Sandee and Daisy Mae

Last week over at Simon Stamps they asked to see your pet, and this is the picture I took of little Miss Daisy Mae, I thought it was cute enough that it inspired me to paint her for my weekly Sundays with Sandee video.

You will see in the video that she added her own distressed look to the watercolor paper by chewing on the edge during taping.

And this is my final result, between chasing her around the desk, trying to keep the barricade I created from falling over on her (because she was trying to get around it!) and defending my art supplies, I think it turned out pretty well!! lol
You can watch all the chaos here.

I also got THE CUTEST STAMP SET...can you tell I really, really like it?
It's called If cows could talk, and if they could, they would tell you how cute they are! Plus you get a coordinating die which I love! I used a scrap of monoprint to cut him out. The background is made from my Gel Press® plate and Distress paints, looks like I'll be doing this technique like forever! 

 This is my card I made to enter in 

Simon Says: Anything Goes


And for fun, I created a matching envelope for him. I used the same technique for the background ( and if you're interested in it, you can watch a short video tutorial here ) and, then I painted a barn. The barn is where you would write the address to the person it is going to which is why it's a white barn. :)
or should I say I write barn? lol

Don't they look cute together?

4 comments:

Lin said...

Sandee, you are so very creative! Just loved reading your post today, and we're so glad you shared this fantastic card and matching envelope with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jean said...

Love your painting of Daisy Mae! Cute stamp set and card!

Ineke said...

He ( or ) she is so cute...

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

i love how the distress paint.. has so much water in it.. it leaves it's own bubbly like patterns