Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Beach hair #1

Knowing that I would be starting my 29 faces in February challenge while at the beach I came packed with some premade backgrounds, hoping that would help some.

I have to admit I am feeling very uninspired and a little windswept from the beach so I am just naming this piece "beach hair", lol

 So I started sketching a face out first with a water soluble pencil.

Then I just marked some colors out quickly using my guide lines and tried to not over think it too much...obviously not over thought, lol

Then added some water to let all the colors blend together. At this point I really didn't like it and was feeling very uninspired to finish it. But shrugged and thought oh well..lol

I had a white pen in my kit so I decided to highlight and outline with it to see if I could reel the mess back in, 

It was fast and easy, and I only spent about 15 minutes on it, but that's good enough for me today, now out back to the beach I go to let the wind blow me away somewhere.

One of my favorite pictures of Pierson that I was able to snag. I have discovered that the age of 3 is a fast moving experience and it's hard to get him to be still long enough to get good pictures!

6 comments:

Craftychris said...

I love it! The white pen really finished it off perfectly and gave it such a lift - brilliant! I wish I could draw but am hopeless! Thank goodness there are stamps for me to use! xxx

Jean said...

I love seeing your process. Looks good!

froebelsternchen said...

Great process!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting serie. I like this finding. Nice to see.

Laney said...

This is a great face!I like seeing the step by step photos and the white pen really topped it off! Great job!

denthe said...

It's wonderful to see the progression pics. You finished it off really well with those white lines. Love her!