Monday, February 6, 2017

Sweet Angel #4

In an effort not to fall too far behind I did a quick drawing last night while sitting on the couch watching a movie. I got out my Tombow markers and drew her in all straight lines and after she was done I laid quite a bit of water on top and let it pool. The hardest part of this technique is not moving your drawing while it is drying. The next morning I came back to it and outlined the "pooled" areas. I really like this effect, it's fun and easy and makes the drawing look much more interesting.

I have come to the conclusion that drawing a face a day is much like dieting. Once you skip a day it's hard to get back on track and suddenly you are 2 days behind and wondering if you can do it at all.

Entering my sweet angel in
Mixed Media Monthly challenge #33

3 comments:

Ineke said...

She is lovely and I like the pooled effect. And do not let me start about dieting....

Lisa H said...

Oh, I really like this technique - it looks so interesting! Thanks for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

Unknown said...

Love the pooling ... have never tried that before, well, intentionally!! I will give it a try! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!