Friday, August 29, 2014

Remembering 9-11-01


This is my journal page after I had gently ripped off some netting that I had glued down with my Helmar Collage Paste. After removing the netting I was left with some very textured surface which I then covered over with the left over paint from my brayer. I always keep my journal open to pages that I had messed up when I am playing with my gelli plate, so no paint gets wasted!

Sometimes from mistakes, you get cool textures. Both pages pretty much had the same overall effect of leftover collage paste, glitter and netting imprint. I REALLY liked it and never would have been able to achieve this effect if I had wanted to....even if I had tried really hard! lol

So these pages were left open while I made my Gelli prints, rolling the left over paint that was on the brayer onto the pages. After I made my prints, I was then left with this mess on my Gelli plate:

One of the easiest ways to clean off a dried Gelli plate is by removing the paint with packing tape. Lay it across your plate, rub it, and pull it off to reveal an almost perfectly clean plate.

Of course, then you have all these lovely translucent strips of tape to play with so I did what any creative person would do....used them! I adhered them onto the journal with my Helmars Decoupage Paste and I really liked how they looked. They are the same colors but more intense looking when over laid across the painted pages of the journal book. You can see where I marked them to be cut so I would have an even border around them leaving the texture visible.

I used my Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste to adhere the strips of painted packing tape to the page. Once that was done I used Sharpie marker to sketch out a skyline and the Statue of Liberty onto the packing tape for my layout design.

Over on the Helmar blog today I made stencils for Gelli printing by using the Foam Glue. I hope you hop over there and check it out, so much better than using a hot glue gun!


6 comments:

Vicki said...

Sandee Did you put the sticky side of the tape down, or up. Beautiful results either way. Just wondering if you decopaged over and under the tape? I have tried this and needed to use perfect pearls powder to take care of the extra sticky on the tape that missed paint, I need to drink more coffee. I am making no sense, Anyway awesome.

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Liked your blog today. leaving some love and going to check out the new Helmar products. Love my Gelli Plate.

Carole Z said...

A very effective journal page, it's hard to believe that this awful day, when we all remember exactly what we were doing, was all the way back in 2001, hugs Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

LOVE this page and the process!! Great ideas.....will give them a try if I ever get my homemade Gelli plate melted down and reset.....lol.
Hugs,
Yvonne

Jean said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I plan to get the glue and try this. I have to get my geli plate made first. I have to get over the fall before I do that. I can't believe how black and blue I am from head to toe. I fell hard. The doctor would probably think someone beat me. Seriously. It's bad. I need to go to the grocery store anyway, but don't think I could make it. Thanks for the idea. I don't even know where my glue gun is right now anyway. I sure hope I can get moved soon.