Monday, August 11, 2014

Rainy Daydreams

The image and the journaling don't have anything to do with one another, just 2 random thoughts that came together. I was surfing Pinterest and found a site that listed famous people who used journals and I found that to be interesting and my journal was sitting beside me so I wrote the list out.

Andy Warhol,
 Guillermo Del Toro,
 Claude Monet,
Pablo Picasso, 
Vincent van Gogh, 
John Lennon,
 Frida Kahlo,
 Marc Chagall,
 Tim Burton,
 Henri Matisse

And on a lark, I added my name too.
Then I searched my photos that I keep as sketch fodder and found one I had taken of an elderly couple out walking the gardens at the Arboretum during a shower.


I thought I was done at this point, but evidently I wasn't . How many times have you gone back to a sketch and added just a little something more? It's like I couldn't stop myself, but here is the finished version...I think...maybe.



3 comments:

Carole Z said...

Interesting list Sandee: I am a huge fan of the work of Frida Kahlo and Tim Burton especially...good on you adding your name! I love this page you have shared today, it's quite poignant - suggests so many stories, hugs Carole Z X

Meggymay said...

A beautiful sketch and a wonderful nostalgic page.
Yvonne

Eileen said...

Sandee ... I just LOVE this ... how wonderful... I could look at this all day
Hope you are keeping well
Eileen xxx