Friday, September 1, 2017

this week...

Wow, welcome September...it's going to be a busy month for me too, but that's OK, it keeps me on my toes and active!

1. ITAC challenge this week was Oceania and I really enjoyed putting in some research for this one and then applying what I learned.
 I'll miss these challenges when this is over.
You can read about that here if you like.
Khadi journal

2. practice
I had some extra time to practice some typography by emulating Jennifer Chan's work. I had a print left over from doing an alcohol ink/gel plate pull so I glued that into my  Khadi journal and then wrote over the top.
Khadi journal

3. Leaves
I will be the first one to admit, this is different, even for me. After drawing and water coloring in the leaves I decided to use a patterned stencil over the leaf shape. I kinda like it, looks very graphic and modern?
What do you think?
#Hahnemühle, #Cézanne

4. more leaves
You might be able to tell I love painting leaves, however, this seems to be relegated as a Fall activity. Although Fall doesn't officially begin until Sept. 22nd, we have had a week of cool days that have me yearning for it to be here.
Khadi journal

5. nature
Seems I had an "art break" for a day so I thought I'd pop in this little guy who thought he could sneak into my bag and come home with me the day of the lunar Eclipse!

6. Progressing...slowly...
Back to work on my tennis shoes...need to finish them up by the 10th!
This is the left shoe, it progresses as the story unfolds...
Dorothy singing over the rainbow, followed by the tornado, which lands on the witch, learning she is in the land of Oz, and then with the Good witch giving Dorothy the shoes...
Right foot to follow next week!

Linking up with

12 comments:

BrownPaperBunny said...

I love all your pieces! I can't believe it is September already!! Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovelY ART. The shoes look fantastic. Love the photo of that insect, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Kokopelli said...

I LOVE the shoes! Can't wait to see them fnished. Happy PPF!

Clare Lloyd said...

Super projects

Pam said...

You sure have been busy. Everything looks great! You little visitor is really cute (for a bug) and your shoes are looking good!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Ohhh a lot of creativity here. Each piece so different and beautiful.I really do like the stenciled leaves.

Anonymous said...

wonderful work and on the shoe, great!
Happy Weekend
Elke

Susan said...

Wow, I love your leaf print. You have accomplished a lot! Happy PPF

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Such wonderful art! Love the leaves. :)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

All lovely

Maria Medeiros said...

Lovely pieces! I love the leaves with the pattern. So wonderful. Lovely! Happy PPF!

Irene Rafael said...

What fun creative projects you showed here today! The tennis shoes are great!
~~ Irene