Thursday, September 28, 2017

Silence

 Today is Throw Back Thursday over at StencilGirl and I am using the Chain Mail stencil  from StencilGirl,  Japanese Chiyogami Paper and one of my eco-printed papers in my Khadi journal from Gwen LaFleur's store.


I began by sponging some DecoArt paint through the Chain Mail stencil creating a rectangular grid across the 2 open pages.

Then adhered the leaf paper to the right side. I needed to trim off a bottom section of that paper to make it fit on the journal page.

I love pen work as it really brings out designs and draws your eye into the art so I detailed around the leaves and added dots to the stencil design.

Next, I added the Japanese Chiyogami Paper, along with the section of eco-printed paper that I had cut off earlier onto the left side into a geometric design of thirds. Finishing them off by outlining the edges and smudging them with the blender pen.

I also got to play with my "retro" typewriter which always makes me happy😊

Art supplies make me happy.
What makes you happy?

6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful spread! Absolutely gorgeous!

Kim Collister Studio said...

Love your spread and reading your technique in creating it. I love using stencils, they are so versatile. Beautiful job! Yes, a Retro typewriter would put a smile on my face anyway!

RubberMoon said...

Really beautiful work! Absolutely love the colors and papers...put together perfectly!

Jean said...

So pretty!

Lynda Shoup said...

Sandee, I am in love with this piece! The way the chiyogami and your ecoprint mesh with the stencil - looks like it was born that way. I am loving it.

Byrd Street Studio said...

Color and paper love, love, love.