Saturday, July 8, 2017

#WorldWatercolorGroup day 8 #Watercolorsummer2017

This will be a little different from the last 7 days but I met with one of my friends for her birthday lunch and a sketch date :) 

I brought her a Hake brush ( pronounced like rake but replace the r with an h ) for her birthday, and well, got me one too. 😜
Funny thing is, I actually had another one ( a different style ) but didn't know what to use it for, I do now! WATERCOLOR!!

hake brush is an oriental-style wash brush on a long flat handle. It is useful for laying in large areas of water or color, for wetting the surface, and for absorbing excess media.

We sat outside to eat our lunch and to sketch some. I knew I needed to do the Summer Skies prompt for the Angela Fehr challenge and thought doing a street sketch with the sky in the background would be nice.

I really wanted to do a loose sketch but it seems to be a little difficult for me to accomplish, lol but here is what I came up with and yes, those are storm clouds rolling in. We had to do a hasty exit due to lightening...

No comments: