Friday, July 7, 2017

#WorldWatercolorGroup day 7 "Leap Frog"

I see all these "loose" watercolors and I try, I really do, but I end up using my watercolors just like acrylic paint. I think it's like the old adage of trying to learn to play golf and tennis at the same, they don't mix because of swing fundamentals. So, I am going to back away from painting with acrylic paints and try to focus on watercolor...at least for 24 more days.

day 7 "Leap Frog"
 Meanwhile I am linking up to Paint Party Friday and I thought I'd show off my first week of #WorldWatercolorGroup month. For those just seeing them, these are photographs of my 3½-year-old grand nephew who strikes the most interesting poses, well, at least to me they are. 😜 I always see something "extra" in them and I decided to finally do something about it by cutting them out and superimposing them onto surreal backgrounds.

day 1 "Take me to your leader"
day 2 "Rock On"
day 3 "Magical Forest"
day 4 "It's raining cats and dogs"

day 5 "Riding the curl"
day 6 "Three wishes"
So far, I am having a blast and will try and do one each day this month.

12 comments:

Christine said...

your sweet grandson adds so much flair to your creations, nice work!

BrownPaperBunny said...

I completely understand! I'm trying to learn to use acrylics but I keep wanting to use them like watercolors! Happy PPF!

Mandy said...

Just adorable....xx

christi said...

these are adorable. when all finished you can bind them for a cute book or scrapbook or who knows what. maybe just look back and chuckle. has he seen them yet? maybe reproduce them digitally for a storybook for him. each pic could be a grand adventure. good thing he's a "poser"

Faye said...

What a riot!!! I love, love, love what you have done here, using your nephew as a jumping off place for your watercolors. Beautifully done.

Neesie said...

What a great idea and so unique. I bet your grand nephew is going to love these as he gets older.
Good luck with the watercolours...I'm sure with your talent you'll soon be a master! Happy PPF

Renee Dowling said...

Wow, those are amazingly creative! Great idea! What a great keepsake he will have. Are you going to put them together as a book or use them for cards? Thank you so much for sharing your talents and creativity. I hop to see more.
Happy Paint Friday!

Jennifer McLean said...

visiting from PPF, you've done such a great job illustrating your grandson's poses, that's really difficult to get the perspective right on. They look fantastic and I bet he's thrilled as you made him look like a superhero!

Sue (this n that) said...

Really lovely and creative :D)

Latane Barton said...

Your way of incorporating your watercolor with a real picture fascinates me. It's a different way of looking at art and I like it very much.

Beth Niquette said...

These made me smile SO big! LOL I LOVED them. SO cute--and I love your artwork.

JKW said...

What a great idea. . .he is a cutie. Blessings, Janet