Friday, February 8, 2013

métier: noun

vocation, trade
or
an area of activity in which one excels : forte

pronunciation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Says Have A Heart
( stamped my hearts over the drawn and painted hearts )

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Challenge Ever After
( a classic tale, use a quote from a story, or just tell a once upon a time kind of story )

My card is based on the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland...
"Off with your head" if you don't like it! lol
If you like the Queen of Hearts coloring page, you can go to the previous post and grab it, I used it for the Tim Holtz 2013 tag too.
 
 Autumn Leaves - mini hearts and stars stamp
Stazon - ink
Faber Castell - Pitt pen, Aquarelle pencil
Ranger - Distress Markers, Distress Stains
Making Memories - sentiment rub on

I admit I haven't invested in water color paper in ages, but I am loving the techniques using Distress markers with Distress stains and my water color pencils so much, that I am going to have to purchase more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a birthday give away to celebrate getting older...ugh!
But it's always more fun if there are presents involved! right?


 

8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the queen of hearts!!

Redanne said...

A lovely card Sandee and beautifully coloured too. Hugs, Anne x

Winnie said...

Love how you colored her! The fun idea to use a rub on was perfect!

Pam said...

Hi Sandee Beautiful card, love the pretty colors!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card and beautiful delicate colouring. I love the Queen of Hearts. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Katie said...

I really love this queen! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Sarah J Moerman said...

What a great image and choice of colors! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Craftychris said...

Cool card, can be used for so many occasions too! xx