Monday, November 18, 2013

Sashaying along with Helmar ♥

 Scented sachets can be homemade and come in many sizes, styles, shapes and fragrances, they are a small cloth scented bag filled with aromatic ingredients...not to be confused with sashaying through a crowded room in 3" heels.

I always make a small hand made Christmas gift for my neighbor ladies that live in the same building as I do. This year I am making them some monogrammed sachet bags.

I am going to be using Helmar Craft Glue along with the other products to create my sachet bags.

First, fold the bag in half and run a line of Helmar Craft Glue 
across the glassine bag and adhere some lace trim. 

Next, use a rub on to decorate the front of your bag. You could use a sticker too.

I use the Helmar Craft Glue to hold my charm onto the lace and then use thread to tack it down. I don't have to sew the charm onto the lace because the glue will secure it but I like the look of  "I hand sewed this! " because it appears that I took more time to make it than I actually did! 
(Just make sure to keep the bag open and not sew it shut. )

Then I add a line of Helmar Craft Glue right above the lace and lay my string of pearls over it. It really grabs hold of them and secures them easily!

 To finish it off, add a ¼ cup of scented crushed potpourri to your bag, fold it back over and glue the flap back down to seal it in.

You can make lots of quick and easy gifts for the upcoming holidays 
with Helmar Craft Glue at your side!

I'm also entering this in:
{my sweet earth} Christmas Love campaign

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

these are beautiful! so perfect

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Love this.. I can see this coming into fruition with some lavander I just got Mike's!! <3 it! So lucky to have such a crafty soulsista in my circle.. LOL

Craftychris said...

These are gorgeous gifts! You are so clever and that glue looks pretty cool too! xx