Sunday, November 10, 2013

Frosted Designs - art journaling


Wax on....wax off?
( watch if you want to find out what I'm talking about, lol )


Well, this is a technique that I have used several times with my signs; here are 3 that were created using this technique :
This is the page I made today from the video, I love it so much I will be making a wall sign that will be similar. The colors, while not quite monochromatic, just work well together. ( You can pop over to the Frosted Designs page and see why there is a difference between the page on the left and the one on the right..leave me some love while you are there! )

Can you guess what the center of the flower is made out of....can you guess where to go to find out? ;)
descriptive word stickers ( October 2013 Mixed Media Kit )

entering this in:
Faber Castell - Novemeber challenge with Mou - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page. The page looks so bright and cheerful, great words as well.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I love this!! What a great idea. You're rocking out these videos my friend! Now I have to use some waxed paper so I can try this. When you use the actual waxed paper, how do you adhere it to your book? I honestly love this idea!! <3
Huggss,
Yvonne

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

thanks for sharing the idea

Barb Housner

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

I'm sitting at Starbucks (because I don't want to be in my messy house) and the video stopped - will have to watch it at home.

The journal page looks great - love the color combination. I really LOVE the lettering!!

Hugs,
Kay

Winnie said...

I am so sad that my spray box is such a mess with great ink, and I never thought to line it with wax paper to get those great looks! Thank you for that tip, I can't wait to try that. Feel like I wasted a lot of great ink! Thanks for sharing!!

MaryH said...

Very informative & well done video. This looks like a nifty technique that could also work to make card backgrounds. Am intrigued about the spray you mention to seal the wax paper. In the Dylusions class I took, the teachers used their towel wipes as backgrounds or for making flowers. I'd been using a 'roll' to blot, they suggested using a single towel, to get the background from the 'waste'. TFS your great ideas. Hugs

Katie said...

This page looks great! I love the flower!