Monday, November 4, 2013

Blatherskite: noun

a person who talks foolishly at length
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't mean to be fighting the whole concept of water coloring but it's hard to resist the temptation to add layers, to texturize to do something fun and funky to your work!

You might see how I started to distress the bottom of the picture, ( by roughing up the paper and by using salt ) if you can't, then here's a close up of it. I am having the hardest time not giving into the urge to add onto the watercolor...some days are better than others...lol


6 comments:

Winnie said...

Just wonderful! Love your use of the Distress and your drawings of each of the food items (they are wonderful!). Made me smile to read as I am swamped this week with house crap, and tons of overtime, and I will be nuking a lot of my meals that I froze this weekend. Can't do it all. Just have to do what we can!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your watercolor is awesome!

Jean said...

Love how you used the salt. Learned that last week in the class I am taking!

Pam said...

This looks great! The colors are wonderful! I used to live by a woman who had taken several watercolor classes at the John Campbell Folk School in Brasstown NC. We lived about 15 minutes from there and I would have LOVED to taken many of there classes but, they are over 500.00 a week. Anyway, Sue (my neighbor) Invited me over everyday for a week to teach me to watercolor. All kinds of techniques including salt, weeds and grasses, alcohol etc. It was so much fun! I made a wonderful home cooked meal and had her over for dinner in appreciation.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I really like how this looks with just the water colors. The colors on the m&ms are great!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Great drawing and watercolor. I haven't done the salt technique but have seen it used and looks great. It definitely adds character!

I know what you mean about being single and cooking for one. I definitely cook more in the winter, freezing soup in individual bags to easily re-heat.

Hugs,
Kay