Saturday, November 2, 2013

Loblolly: noun

lout; a stupid, rude or awkward person

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to use just one word, honestly I did, and my word was "content" but as you can see that I have discovered that trying to use just one word is as difficult as letting someone have the last word in an argument...I just have to throw in something else to say...

  The images were cut out from magazines, one a glossy image and the other more like a newsprint quality. I used my American Crafts Slick writer to outline the glossy flower and my Sakura waterproof pen to outline the newsprint vase. 

The background was made with my Faber Castell water color crayons, ( I am loving the fun of these.) I applied the watefrcolors over some acrylic paint that was left on my bubble wrap after playing with my Gelli plate. It's always good to have your journal nearby when doing gelli prints.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the winner is.....

my e-mail:
sandeesetliff@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Gill said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!!
I love today's word!

Pam said...

Congratulations Katie!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Congratulations to your winner. I'm loving your piece today. Loved reading how you used magazines to create this. Also, Loblolly is a tree in So. Fla. as well. Just FYI.
Hugs &TFS

Carole Z said...

Congrats Katie! Carole Z X

Katie said...

Love your piece!

Funny, I read it as "content" as in "the things that are held or included in something" when I read the first paragraph. Then when I saw your design, I realized you meant the other "content". I think it was also the first time I realized they were spelled the same way!