Sunday, June 21, 2015

Saturday morning and the P.I.G.

How did you spend your Saturday morning? Mine was spent walking in a creek and stacking rocks...I love how much cooler it is down by the creek, at least 5 degrees cooler. The water is chilly and that first initial step into the water can take your breath away, but you soon get use to it and enjoy how it lowers your body temperature on a hot summer day.

I discovered another new flower, not a native to our area but pretty all the same. It's called a Commelina communis or an Asiatic Dayflower. I researched this one on the internet and found out what it was called all by myself, lol

This lacy leafed bush (which towers 15' in my woods) is called a Northern Spicebush and it's leaves are aromatic, they smell like fruit loops when you crush them. Another specimen discovered with the help of the P.I.G.....lol....plant identification group.

 I love the plant identification group as they help so much in my walks in the woods. 

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love the smooth river rocks! Perfect for painting! Yes that water is a shock when you first step in to it. We went for a Sunday ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway last week and I took some beautiful photos. I will try and post some later this afternoon. Love seeing your beautiful nature photos!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

SandeeNC said...

Would love to see them, I'll check your blog later this afternoon!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

you would find a flower unique to your parts of the woods.. :) Yay for finding out more about it without assisting from the P.I.G. :) Love these pictures

Anna said...

Love the little flower, but especially loved the stacked rocks. Wishing I had a lovely stream like that behind my house.