Friday, June 19, 2015

Green Heron

I only have crappy pictures to show my latest and newest (to me anyway) bird.
I was so shocked to see him land less than 5 feet away from me (I was working on my Creel Fairy Lodge) that I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough and he didn't like me moving around to get my camera so he took off and landed a little ways down the creek, but I looked him up online when I got back inside and found out what he was! For me, it feels so surreal to see Herons in the creek...in the mountains! 

My hands were a little steadier by now, but he was intently moving away from me! 
I hope I see him again!

I love life by the creek!

Birding Life List:
1. Crow
2. Eastern Bluebird
3. Common Grackle
4. Red Belly Woodpecker
5. Mallard Duck
6. Downy Woodpecker
7. Ruby Throated Hummingbird
8. Green Heron

1 comment:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

hmm i thought i commented on this one already?