Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The gnome and Edgar Degas

I really enjoy creating my own sentiments on the computer, if you haven't tried this yet I would recommend doing so. It's a great way to really express your own personality. Plus there are so many different fonts out there it can become addicting to collect them as well.

And yes, I do love puns, I find them to be quirky :), kinda like me.

And there is no better appeal than the background made from a Gel Press® print. It creates depth and interest in a snap, plus they are just so much fun to make. I like to keep lots of prints on hand just to have a stock of papers to choose from when I make cards.

I dressed up this little gnome from the What's Up Gnomey? stamp set with some tiny pom pom ribbon. 

Altering stamps is another thing I like to do. I used a mask to block out the flower he was holding, made my own little paint brush and cut it out and then stuck it in his hand. This really helps tie in the image to the wording.

Here's to great things in your future!


Simon Says: Anything Goes


5 comments:

Ineke said...

He is so sweet and the background from your gel press plate is awesome!

Pam said...

Your little Gnome is so cute and the background and sentiment just great! I also like to alter stamps to use print paper for clothes or flower petals, I did a snake one time that turned out adorable even though I don't like snakes.I also print sentiments but you are great with thinking up catchy sentiments, me, not so much!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mischelle said...

LOVE it! Such a great reminder to us artists!

Jean said...

Another cutie!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Sandee! The image is so cute and I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx