Friday, July 25, 2014

Alice has a cup of tea

I love dimension, and I tend towards subtle textures...like beading or embossing. In this 12x36" canvas I used a lot of suggestive textures where you almost have to climb into the piece to really appreciate. I like that too....:) 
Ready to climb in with me?

Let's start at the top and slide our way down the canvas, shall we? 

The first to stand out are the poppy flowers which are created from 5 different materials. I don't even know what to call a couple of them, kind of a soft mesh I guess, but there is tissue paper, mulberry paper and fabric in the mix, all sewn together and beads added in the center.

I scrunched and folded one poppy giving it the most bulk of all on the piece.

The next thing that might draw your eye would be the background. I used molding paste through TCW art words stencil, painted a coat of Deco Arts American Baby Pink over it and then a coat of Americana Weathered Wood followed by a mixture of Americana Warm White and Apple Green. I like the bits of pink peeking through the cracks.

Then you have the understated raised edge of the Sakura Glaze pen. 

Next feast your senses on the acrylic skins used in the creation of the coffee cup, which is outlined with Deco Arts 3D Opaque Gloss Enamel Writer and tiny glass beads are filled in with Rangers Glossy Accents. Stay a moment here and enjoy all the textures, it's worth savoring.

 And last but not least by any means for I love my Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots is a tiny tag raised on a tilt, which just might explain all my craziness....lol

Entering my "Alice has a cup of tea" in:
Simon Says - Emboss it challenge

8 comments:

Byrd Street Studio said...

This is such a phenominal piece...a winner I predict. You are so creative in how you transition each level and tie them together. The fishbowl is also a vase and the water with sky above. I am in awe. CAN YOU TELL? I love each layer and the differing mediums. Great, great piece, Sandee! Love it!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Man I love when you sew on your pieces.. and they have layers. You show them so well. I mean we would otherwise miss them in the plain front image. but then you go on to show us the close ups.. and the different angles and wow... WOW... You ARE an ARTIST!!! I love how the fishbowl is also avase.. and how the paint bits is the reason the cup is sooo full of color too!! Great piece!! :)

As always.. I wish you great SUCCESS!!

Craftychris said...

Ooh wow this a textural feast of awesomeness! Your are a true artist! I adore it! xxx

Carole Z said...

This is stunning (even for your high standards of creativity). I love the textures and layers..love the fishbowl/vase..fantastic! Hugs Carole Z X

Meggymay said...

Fabulous textures. love the flowers.
Yvonne

Teresa Kline said...

luvin the poppy flower...soooo cute. So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Pam said...

Awesome! Love all of the texture and layers!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

I just love that cup and I did make it big and savor the texture of it all.. The sakura glaze pens are awesome look at the details on there.. Your sewing and beading just adds a wonderful touch to this.. Just love it.. Love the close up photos so we can really see the amazing details you have on this.
I am catching up on what you have been doing..
Sandy :)