Friday, February 21, 2014

Loyal friends

FRIENDS
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
― Helen Keller

Hi everyone, I am so happy to be a guest designer for {my sweet earth} today. I just love all the projects I see over here by the fabulous design team, so it thrills me to be among such wonderful talent!

 I love the papers and stamps by Susan K. Weckesser, which have a delightful, whimsical mixed media look to them in bright cheery colors! Plus they are made from 100% recycled paper made in the USA! Bonus!

This is my card that I created:

Two of my favorite things to do are outlining and fussy cutting. The outlining just makes everything pop and by cutting out my pieces I get to create some fantastic layering and dimension.

I love this Unity Stamp by Susan called Insta-Cute. I admit I am addicted to all stamps that include cameras and Polaroid frames but these red rubber stamps are large, which is just awesome to work with! I stamped the frame onto the Live, Love, Create paper and then cut out the inside and glued it over the top of the Bouquet paper with the bird on it. Perfect fit.

Then I used the Crafters Workshop Live in Color stencil to create a fun border on my envelope along with the smile sentiment from the  Insta-Cute stamp, I think a little mail art is fun for everyone: recipient and postal carrier alike!!

Susan K. Weckesser Live in Color  papers:
 Beautiful Daydreams ( sun ) 
Live in Color - card base
Bouquet - ( bird )
Live, Love, Create - Polaroid frame
Susan K. Weckesser & Unity-Insta-Cute Stamp 
Susan K. Weckesser and Crafter's Workshop Live in Color stencil

Sakura - Pigma Sensi pen
Helmar Adhesives

2 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Sandee, you're right, what a fab stamp...love your card..the colours. the biddy, the words...gorgeous! Carole Z X

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so nice, everything you've done with it is lovely. I get so into actual stamping that I forget old favorites like outlining and doodling. So good of you to remind me of them.