Saturday, February 11, 2012

inventive: adjective

Adept or skillful at inventing; creative

Sometimes we have to be inventive, right?

 It can become a necessity, like when you only have 1 R on your sticker sheet but the title your dying to use has 2 R's. What's a scrapper to do? Well you take 2 P's and make your own R. I know a lot of people do this on a regular basis too, seems we never have enough of, the right shape, the right color or the right size....so we adapt :) And honestly you can't tell that I had to do this unless it is pointed out. ;) We don't have to tell all our secrets do we?
We also get creative when the stamp we want to use is facing the wrong way, like the little birdie down there by the tree. So I turned my paper over stamped the image on the backside  and then stamped it on the front side too. I then cut out the bird's body and outlined him in brown ink and then cut out the wing ( from the front side ) and paper pieced it to the little guy. I used Helmars Liquid Scrapdots to lift his wing up slightly too.
The arms on the sun are wire that was twisted at the end to form his hands, then I poked a hole in the sun and slid the wire arms into them and taped the arms to the back. The sun was cut out at 3 " and laid to fall off the edges of the background paper, after I glued him down I then trimmed off the excess rays. To glue the heart onto his hand I first put a mini pop dot under the hand part and adhered it to the paper, then I added more glue to the top of the hand and laid the small heart on top of that.
The banner itself completely hangs free. The left side of the banner is taped underneath to the pop dotted picture and the right end of the banner is tied to the suns hand and the banner swings freely. I love being able to create some movement in my layout.
Here is the picture of my layout following the Sweetheart Sketch challenge over at My Little Shoebox. Go and check out the sketch and have fun!You have until Monday, February 13th to enter!

Just a note: My journaling box is left empty intentionally. These layouts will be given to my cousin so that she can fill them in herself :)

My Little Shoebox Sweetheart Sketch challenge
My Little Shoebox:
Destination 3 D Roll up Flower ( banner )
Lil' Critter Diecut cardstock ( journal box )
Sprinkle Glaze Alphabet sticker ( letters )
papers - Lil' Critter - Sweet and Sassy, Prickly Pear
Summer Breeze -  Enchanted Garden, Outdoor Fresh
Destination - Souvenir
other products:
Bo Bunny - Orange Citrus Bodacious Brads
Hero Arts stamp - AR154
ink - Brilliance, Coffee Bean
Doodlecharms cartridge

And my last picture shows where Jamie and went on a "hike" walk, it was to Little Reedy River Falls in Greenville, SC. Beautiful place to walk around and shop and eat.
and guess what? it's snowing!! OK...flurrying might be a better description....lol

And again, in case you missed it:
See the Cards For Emily badge on the right side of my blog? If you want to read her story and make a card to send to her then just click on it and it will take you to the post where you can see updates on her and thank you for doing so. It takes so little to make a big impact on someones life!

7 comments:

scrappymo! said...

That layout is fab..love the stitching on the sun and the way you changed the stamp to the "other side.

I travelled to the Carolina's last May. We had 3 glorious week and I completely fell in love with your area. We saw N and S Carolina, Georgia and Alabama.

You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Craftychris said...

Lovely bright and cheerful page and I adore the tree! xx

Mrs A. said...

Very inventive with using up the other initials to get what you wanted. Love the sun idea too and the little birdie to facing the other way. That really is what its all about(getting to think outside of the box). hugs Mrs A.

Pat N. said...

Adorable layout Sandee. Love that banner.--Pat

Unknown said...

So creative Sandee. Love the LO and your pics!
Hugs,
Ellen

Melinda Spinks said...

Sandee, just love the fun photo you've used on your layout and how cute is that stitched sun. Thanks so much for playing along with the My Little Shoebox sketch challenge.
Melinda :)

Shemaine Smith said...

Wat a cute take on the sketch, thanks for creating with us!