Friday, June 1, 2012

Greenway: noun

 a stretch of undeveloped land close to an urban area that is kept for recreational use
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am soooooooooo tired, I began my new 'walking program', and today was day 3. I walked a mile the first day, 2 1/2 miles the next day and I walked the Oklawaha Greenway which is 4 miles round trip ( can't pronounce it, but I walked it, lol ) today :)

 When I came home, I collapsed on my balcony with a bowl of sugar snap peas, low fat Ranch dressing and a glass of tea, and my camera of course. The pictures I'm showing you all happened today..so I'm just having a show of my current "wildlife" from my balcony, enjoy!

a white breasted Nuthatch

a female Cardinal


a female American Goldfinch

and my most unusual find, this rabbit with very strange marking on top of his head! I am sure to recognize him again!
EDIT
BJ's son has given him a name: Sparticus,  ( a former gladiator and an accomplished military leader, hopefully Sparticus will not be leading any bunny wars out there! )

Hope you're having a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Congrats on the walking! You have such pretty, colorful birds there AND got pictures of them. That's is an odd marking for a rabbit. Almost makes you wonder if he got bonked on the head or something when he was little. ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For some reason, I am tired just reading about your outings. Of course, my life turned topsy turvy yesterday when it hailed and hailed and hailed and hailed. Winds in excess of 80 MPH, too. I even slept through some of it, like when the neighbor's old growth tree broke in half.

I'm off to visit more WOYWWers now that I have my power back.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

you take the best nature shots!!!

Redanne said...

I am very impressed with your walking, I think you need a day off now or your muscles will ache. Lovely photos of the birds and yes, what a strange marking on the bunny, not seen that before. It is our holiday weekend this weekend so off to enjoy our Queen's Jubilee celebrations. Hope you have a good weekend - oh, yes, it's in the post!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like I was preparing today's post when you left your comment. Rather than answer all your questions, I'll let you read all about it.

505whimsygirl said...

Oh my gosh Sandee, shouldn't you start out a bit slower?!? I'm impressed!!!

The wildlife from your balcony is perfect. I imagine you will be able to spot that rabbit in the future! How cute.

Did you want to swap the third anniversary ATC with me? Send me your mailing address to 505whimsygirl@gmail.com and I'll send you mine.

Hugs,
Kay

BJ said...

Nice to see your birds, they always look more "exotic" than ours! And I do believe that is a bunny - LOL - strange markings indeed - Sparticus (DS named him!) our local Blackbird is singing away as I write this - BJ