Thursday, June 21, 2012

sakura: noun

is the Japanese name for the cherry tree and its blossoms
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over at Die Cuttin Divas, they are having a red, yellow, and orange color challenge!
and Crazy Amigo Challenge: also Summer Colors, red, orange and yellow!
Paper Trimmings cartridge

I can always rely on being inspired from watching Tracy's Monday online video,( you can watch it here ) and she used a great quote that she found on Pinterest. I altered it a bit, by changing the fonts, and the wording a little.

I cut a butterfly border and 2 butterflies from Paper Trimmings, used up some American Crafts ribbon from my scraps and some Sassafrass paper. I printed out the quote on yellow card stock using various fonts from my Print Artist Gold 21. I wrote over the title and bottom with a Sakura Glaze pen in red.
And now it hangs in my craft room!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinterest inspires a lot of different people in different ways, and if you found a pin that inspired you then share your creation with us!

14 comments:

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

This is so cute and so true! Thank you for joinin our Summer color challenge over at Die Cuttin' Divas

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

This is definitely inspiring to have in a home. Beautiful job.Thanks for joining us over at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Redanne said...

Well, you have done it again dear Sandee, this is beautiful, love the words and even like the bright colours too! How lovely to have it in your craft room too where you can see it every day. I love it. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Rita said...

Cute and inspirational! :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so wonderful!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Love this!

Hugs,
Kay

Dawn said...

Hi Sandee, this is gorgeous honey, what a fab piece to have hanging in your craft room. Beautiful work as always my lovely.
Hugs x x x x

May said...

Gorgeous Sandee.. Beautiful words.. Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Red, yellow and orange, not a combination I would normally put together. You did good. What a neat banner for your craft room.

Gerda said...

Very cute.
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Great banner, Sandee! Love it. I watched Tracy's video for a while. She's fun! TFS and for your inspiration.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This wall hanging is adorable. I admit, when I saw those colors, I immediately thought of Asia. Really pretty piece you made.

Karin said...

wow, very nice!

Anonymous said...

What a clever and beautiful piece of art you have created! Love the different fonts and your take on life! YES!