Monday, June 25, 2012

playing: transitive or intransitive verb

to move unsteadily or irregularly over a surface, usually in a pleasing way, or cause something to do this
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twinkle, Twinkle: The Summer of Color Challenge week 3
PanPastel UK Challenge Blog : Challenge 24 Anything Goes

With the color theme of raspberry and vanilla, I set off to make my next candle jar. First washing, then soaking off the label. Next I painted it with my new glass paint called Berry Wine, then dry brushed white paint over that, then using one of my new TH inks, Picked Raspberry; still not happy I sanded it down. Well, that was interesting since the Berry Wine glass paint pulled up in strings, but liking the effect I kept sanding. ( Have to admit to wondering how the Pan Patels might have added to this project. ) Then went back in and scraped off a center band which I filled in with white paint, also filling in the ribbons that had come off while sanding. REALLY liking it now, I played up the stars that were a design in the glass jars with white, adding a band of the Berry Wine on the bottom and on the top of the jar. I added some white sticker bands between the raspberry and the sanded middle. Finished it off with a lace ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, complete with TH dyed twine and a button.


here are the jars lined up in order of challenges:
Sherbet ( you might notice I added some beads and stickles to the jar ), Chocolate Mint, Baseball Nut

night time shot:

The weather has really turned warm here, turned on the air conditioner finally...ahhh..sweet relief! I'm still spending time on my porch though, eating my tomato sandwiches for lunch there, but my hand fan sure is coming in handy while sitting in my chair watching the birds and bare feet and shorts are the required uniform of the day!
 How are you finding relief in this heat?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to link up your Project Pinterest post so we can check out your summer creativity!!

29 comments:

LiliansArt said...

They look so nice especially lit up! Hope u had an awesome time in Biltmore.

Rita said...

Lovely candle! :)
We've been getting a bit of a break in the heat up here and I've been reading on the porch for the past couple days! The weather has been very changeable this year.
Your candles look so soothing in the dark. :)

Susan said...

Beautifull jars! I love the red/pink collor.
We don't need airconditioning here, it should be summer but the weather didn't get the message.....pouring rain yesterday, but today I see some blue skies. :)
Have a good and creative week! Love Susan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This jar seemed to give you a bit of trouble. I like the end result, though. And it's lovely when lit, too.

It's even hotter here than at your place. We hit 105 yesterday and were headed for another record today. Didn't hear if we made it or not. BTW, I've had my AC on for DAYS!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am fixing to go make myself a tomato sandwich right now. Sounds really good and haven't had one in awhile. I really like the way your jars turned out. have a great week. Tammy

Redanne said...

Relief from the heat? We have had to turn our heating on again and it is supposed to be Summer here in the UK!!!! Love your latest candle holder, great colours. A x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love these!!!

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh...these your jars look amazing all lit up and together..very creative take on the theme!!...you did a fantastic job with this weeks colours!! Jan x

helena said...

fabulous and good to hear about your need to sand it off turning out unexpectedly well

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully creative candle holders ~ Wow~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Netty said...

Gorgeous candleholders. Happy SOC, Annette x

Ritu Dua said...

Your raspberry jar looks deliciously awesome...fill some vanilla candle and enjoy :)

BJ said...

Your jar is gorgeous Sandee. Could you send some heat over here, it is overcast and dreary here. BJ

Jo Murray said...

G'day from the land of OZ (Australia for the uninformed). You've risen to the challenge admirably.

K J D said...

Waving back at you!

I love your candle holders... they are so pretty :)

After weeks of greyness and rain I'm happy to see the sun.... but it's not so hot here as for you. Hope you can manage to keep cool!

Giggles said...

These candles turned out excellent!! Very cozy on a warm summer night!! Great colors and patterns despite the hassle with the last one!! Good job!!

Hugs Giggles

Terri Corona said...

Oooh, I think this one is my favorite...or maybe the green one, not sure. They're all gorgeous, especially when they're lit - you're going to have to have an evening party when this is done, they'll be so festive!

Tracey FK said...

send some heat my way please... and those jars are just gorgeous... they look amazing lit up and I can't wait until the end of the challenge to see the 6 of them together... will be amazing...xx

Carolyn Dube said...

Love how this turned out!! Can't wait to see all 6 together!!

Linda said...

Wonderful candle designs and even more lovely lit up. I love what you did with them.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment.

Diana Taylor said...

I just love your jars, and this latest one is fab - it looks so pretty lit up.

Shahrul Niza said...

Ohh such pretty jars!. by the 6th week, you'll be surrounded with beautiful glass lanterns (assumed you would hang them on tree branches)!. lovely.

Terrie said...

I know I mentioned last time how much I liked this idea and I still think it's fabulous. You're going to have such a cool collection.

Virginia said...

Oh they are absolutely fantastic - I love them all!

Sandi McLean said...

Love them all lit up! What a display! I haven't had a bash at doing candles for awhile..what fun!

Joanna said...

Really gorgeous candle jars. They look so pretty with their candles lit :o)

See you next week at SOC!

Caz said...

your jars are so cute :-)

Kathy said...

Very pretty candle jars.. love them lit up... great colors..

Melinda said...

oh my gosh! these are all gorgeous and what a great idea!!