Friday, June 8, 2012

survey: transitive verb

to do a statistical study of a sample population by asking questions about age, income, opinions, buying preferences, and other aspects of people's lives

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was asked by Paper Crafts Magazine to do a survey of their magazine.

They sent me 8 issues, at first I was so excited. I read each magazine cover to cover, taking my time to make sure I was being a good surveyerist ( is there such a thing? ) Anyway, I have to admit to you that by the time I finished the questions for the third magazine, I was totally BORED with the whole process. I'm not allowed to tell you the questions or my responses because I signed a confidentiality agreement, but I can tell you I was extremely happy for it to be completed and over with.


It's short and sweet today ladies, I have been feverently working for the past couple of days and I have just finished 2 sumptious projects for submission to Cricut and while I cannot show the completed projects, I am going to share this before and after picture. It's part of one of the submissions but since it doesn't have anything to do with the Cricut, I think I am OK in showing it :)


and then after:
I just love the softness about it, it does look like a water color rendering. The strip you see on the bottom of the picture is because I haven't bought the program, but I am giving it some serious consideration! They have tons of effects which I am loving! So you can download it for yourself to play with, enjoy!

9 comments:

Rita said...

That survey sounds like it must have been boring and repetitive. Too bad.

I am always amazed at what people can do to pictures with their computer programs nowadays. Yes, it does look softer and like a watercolor effect. Nice!

Good luck with your submission. :)

...the yorkshire fox... said...

....Hmmmm survey's on cool crafting mags, that takes the joy away so not surprised you got bored n fed up...really great effect on the photo...Mel :)

Redanne said...

I guess you can chalk up the survey now to experience! Love what you have done with the photo and yes, it does look like it has been water coloured, you are one very clever lady! Crafty hugs, Anne x

CraftygasheadZo said...

The survey sounded fun until I realised about the repetition bit, a little trying I guess when it's the same thing over and over! Wanted to pop by because Mister postman has just delivered your beautiful card and ATC. Thank you my friend it's gorgeous. Will share them on Weds, now I have received everyone's. Got yours from USA, one from Australia too and my swap from UK! Take care Zo xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

have fun looking through all those magazines!!

Terrie said...

This is adorable and what a great affect! I can't wait to see how you used it in your project. It looks painted by an old master.....

~Tammy~ said...

Good luck with yoru submission! This pic is gorgeous!

I wish they would have sent me the survey! I have a few things I would like to answer! I, however, do not have that kind of time it looks like they needed. Geese!

Have a great weekend!

Katy said...

I'm glad you were able to help out with their survey. The magazine market sure is tough! Love how the photo turned out! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If I read too many magazines at one time, I have a tendency to skip over the projects I have no interest in. Of course, I suspect you would not be as subjective as I, since I lack so very many materials and tools, or even things I can use instead of the materials and tools. But congrats on getting the 8 magazines.

BTW, there are several FREE programs that do the exact same thing as the Dynamic Auto Paint. Of course, I have Photoshop (needed it for a client back in 2000, so it's very old), so I can do most of that stuff IF I could just remember how to do it all.

Just do an internet search for free online photo manipulation and you'll come up with things like http://www.phixr.com/ or http://www.picmonkey.com/ or this article on 7 free alternatives to Picnik for quick photo edits http://mashable.com/2012/04/19/picnik-alternatives/

You know me: Queen of Free!