Wednesday, June 13, 2012

phallic: adjective

relating to or resembling a phallus 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
warning, long WOYWW post due to all the great friends I have made here!

First, quick shot of my desk, can't get too close to it without hopping over all the magazines strewn about the floor due to Elizabeth's AB class lesson! You can see it laying there on my desk!


Now it seems I caused a little confusion last week, because I had changed my WOYWW post after Elizabeth left her comment! lol I didn't think anyone would notice but I got a few e-mails asking me..
what the heck?
so without further ado, this is what I removed last week:
"And here is one of my ATC's I made for the exchange. They all differ a little bit from each other but I made 10 of them and I don't do repetition very well ;) But they are all topped with a WOYWW cherry, where I tried to emulate Julia's button that she sent to us!
( I am entering this in Twinkle, Twinkle's, the summer of color week one challenge to use rainbow sherbet colors! ) 
My ATC's were heavily influenced by Elizabeth from Altered Book Lover, as evidenced by the book paper cone, the gesso'd ice cream and all the splattering of paint, and inks! Thank you Elizabeth for broadening my horizon!
and the back, now does that drip look a little phallic to you ladies?
or is my mind in the proverbial gutter?
Sorry for the glare :(
It says:
Enjoy it before it melts!
You know me, it's confession time!
I thought that quote was so cute when I started out but after making it 10 times I began to think it was kinda dumb! And combine that with the phallic drip and I almost didn't send them out!! lol
Oh well...consider it a sandee-ism!"

And here is what Elizabeth wrote that everyone was so curious about, I mean hey, we all admit to being nosey on Wednesdays so I should have expected the curious inquiries! I think it was hilarious and had many giggles last week! You ladies rock my world!

"Yep, it's a true Sandee-ism. And no less phallic than Julia's big yellow ATG gun the first time she laid it a certain upright way on her table.

You made out like a bandit this week. How lucky are YOU?? Way to go, dear."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the fun just kept coming, this is a tale of mail...

Normally mail means bills and junk unless it's my birthday or Christmas, lol So I have really been enjoying the last 2 weeks of stalking the mailman just to see if I got anything!
hee hee
Thursday's arrival hailed from the UK, from Laura of beads buttons and birds, where you really, really need to check out this creative wonder! psstt...check out her beaded seahorse, it's like wow! ya know? It took me a minute to catch how she incorporated her blog title into her ATC...see if you can!


Friday brought me a small prize I won from Frosted Designs blog hop, over the border from Canada!


Saturday brought me 2 exceptional goodies!
Th first one is Kay from New Mexico of 505whimsygirl, who sent me her whimsical ( get it? whimsical...whimsygirl?? ) lol,  hand drawn doodle bird and an adorable card with an invite to come visit her! Oh Kay, you may be sorry about that...course when is the weather not too hot down there? I might wilt coming from these cool mountains! :::waving southern fan in front of her face, sipping on her ice tea::
Go visit her blog, it's is a fun filled multi mixed arsty wonderfulness!

And an absolutely fun card from Vonny, from Australia of vonnykart! And just look at this hand painted queenly tea pot? wow! I just love visiting her blog and seeing all the beautiful underwater paintings that she creates, and I hope that you go visit her too! I'm framing that card Vonny, it just makes me smile!


Monday was just pure bliss! I received 3 in one day!

This one is from Sandra, from Serendipity who did a beautiful gesso stencil, it has such wonderful texture to it, so glad I unwrapped it from it's plastic cover to check it out...::innocent look:: She made 28 of them and called it easy! ( hey Sandra, would love to know more about this technique! )

Then from Ros, from Paperchase, who sent me this amazing folding ATC, stamped and collages with all things wonderful about Australia! I don't know about you, but this is like getting 8 ATC's for the price of 1!! Isn't she clever?
The front:

The back:

...and then there is BJ's ATC. My lovable friend BJ from ccraftcorner. lol
OK, so we have this running joke about her playing badminton ( I visualize white outfits on a lawn of green, sipping ice tea between games in the UK) she assured me of no such thing, but in my head that's what I see! She made this up just for me! Now I do have to figure what to send back to her! Toooooooooo funny!! I love the whole concept girlfriend, great job...you errr....hit this shuttle cock ( it's back to being a phallic post, hee hee ) out of the court!


and then there was Tuesday which brought me a great card ( and an idea for my AB, so bonus! ) from Ann of Ann's Stamp Pad, where she created this tasty little sea foam morsel, which included a new technique for me to use with my Mermaid altered book! Yay!! Thank you sooooooooooo much Ann, I totally love it!

 Thank you ladies for making my week such a fun one!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and don't forget to link up your Project Pinterest Project here, you have a whole month to play along with us ;)

52 comments:

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love all the textures and colors in your ATC! Look at all the awesome mail you got!

Redanne said...

Wow, Sandee you certainly have got some beauties there and I love the ones you made too. BJ's shuttlecock was a good for a giggle this early in the morning! No Mr Linky yet but have a happy WOYWW, Anne x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVe the ATC you made such a fabby idea to put woyww as the cherry on top of the ice cream, genius! and you've received so many beauties too isn't it just the best feeling when Mr Postie arrives...have a wonderful day Sandee...Mel :) the girl with wee wee hair!

Erika said...

Hi Sandee great post love all the ATC's and all so different....nothing wrong with the odd phallic post...it brightens the morning else where in the world and just makes sure we're awake, LOL.
Have a great Wednesday, hugs Erika. #41

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super Happy Mail! The best kind, thanks for sharing them all. Take care & have a good time snooping the WOYWW desks of the world ! Zo xx 55

BJ said...

Hi Sandee - still chuckling here - but hey take the tissue out of the shuttlecock, it was only to help stop it being squashed in the post! Now Squash - I have never played that game(nor ever intend to) but I do drink the stuff! Sadly NOT at badminton today as female stuff prevents me jumping around once a month - been prescribed medication to ease things but too scared to even take it. Still riding the storm monthly..... Looks like you should be joining in the Summer of Colour event with the ATCs you made, they are brilliant. BJ#8

lisa said...

Wow, what a week you've had, Sandee, these are all gorgeous. Post will seem really dull when it returns to just bills and stuff.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #74

Ann B said...

Glad you liked my ATC and that the tip will come in useful. Your AB is a work of wonder, mine faltered a bit because of hols, jubilee celebrations and other commitments but I will get back to it - have all the lessons saved ready. When I saw your post header I did wonder what you had been taking photos of. Now that would have got you a ton of comments - or banned for life.
Enjoy your Wednesday - you have more of it left than we have voer here.
Ann B
#21

Ann B said...

Or 'over' I should have said. Fingers too quick and brain too slow.
Ann B
#21

Laura said...

It's like Christmas everyday at your place! Lovely array of ATC's and love the look of the ribbons in the Frosted prize. Thanks for the compliments on the seahorse :)
Laura 78

Lori said...

Look at all that ATC love!!! Fabulous!

Helen said...

Wow, what a week! So glad you re-inserted the missing post, just grinned when I saw it... Love love love your atc's! Have a good week, Helen #3

Inkypinkycraft said...

Your atcs look fab and you got some fab ones too, great to have them arrive isn't it! Hugs trace x

enthusiastically, dawn said...

K, seriously I need to get involved! I love these wowoww (? ) posts! So stinkin' fun, inspiring and personal!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ATC's

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #12

Terrie said...

What a lot f delicious mail - you hit the bonanza round! I think some of the best things about exchanging mail is that it deepens the connection between blogging buddies (badminton), shares great arty ideas (sea foam), makes you smile (whimsical bird), and connects you all over the world (UK and AUS). Lucky you with all that delicious mail! And a little sexual innuendo never hurt anyone! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandee Great post (in both senses of the word) Although all the ATCs are fab the prize goes to BJ for originality! WOYWW Hugs from Helen 14

Di said...

Laughing here - great post! Happy WOYWW. Di xx

Rita said...

Brilliant post Sandee. I'm still smiling after reading it. A gorgeous array of ATC cards. Enjoy your day. Hugs from Scotland. Rita 33 xx

Darnell said...

Heavens what a hoot! I can only imagine the comments that would have gone on for days. Mine would have had something to do with how long your ice cream drip was, but stop it, never mind!! Thanks for the guffaw and for sharing all the love you received in the mail; just aMAZing ATCs!! Have a wonderful week! Darnell 129

kay said...

your opening title certainly made me chuckle.....lol
think we must all have smutty,oops crafty minds :)
have a fab crafty week
kay #25

Kemma said...

ok all the ATCs I keep seeing makes me wonder what I missed and want to make some lol
Thanks for the peek!
Kemma
mykemmacards.blogspot.com
#153 on this week's WOYWW

Twiglet said...

Still chuckling at your post - thanks for the giggle. The ATCs are really fab. x Jo

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my. I giggle. I erm... used to work in wank room (I was the girl on the other side of the glass) and a.. yeah.. the shape and just the fact of the splotch. Oh yea. You naughty girl. I really laughed at the after you made it 10 times it seemed silly. I know what you mean! Repetition makes things look wrong or stupid or off. After a few signings of my name I can't do anymore. Good thing I'm not famous and have to do autographs! I love your ATCs both the one you made and the ones you've received. I hate it when you can't get near your desk due to the stuff piled around it. It can get crazy, can't it?

May said...

Fabulous ATC's.. you received some fab ones in return... fantastic post you made me really (lol)Hugs May x x#20

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love happy mail? Love all your cards and atc's, great work from lots of very talented people. I played badminton from the age of seven to twenty seven (when I left the UK), and one thing you'll never find is up sipping iced tea in between games! Nope, ain't never gonna happen!

Hugs
Brenda 107

Julia Dunnit said...

Your enthusiasm is spilling over and making me smile...as usual! Love that you've enjoyed the swap...the art on the ATCs is amazing. Inlcuding yours, phallic signals and all!!

Sarn said...

I'm with Di's comment . . . I'm laughing too!

Fabby photo;s.

Thanks for visiting me.

Happy WOYWW.
Sarn #4

Rita said...

So very worth stalking the postman for these!! It must have felt like your birthday! What fun!! :):)

My name is Cindy said...

Wow what a lot of great mail you got!!

I don't think I shall comment on where your mind might be though....LOL your post did make me chuckle. Thanks for popping by to see me, Cindy #39

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, that headline sure stopped me in my tracks...LOL!! Erm, I can see how things got a little rampant last week and why you changed your post, lol - but we wouldn't have minded, wve got a broad sense of humour, us WOYWWers!
My Cheeky girls seem quite innocent by comparison, yay!!
Hugs, LLJ #1 xx

505whimsygirl said...

Sandee,

Don't tell me you're reading Fifty Shades of Grey? haaaaaa

Thank you for your lovely comments. I actually live at 7,500 feet so it's mountains too. The best time of year is late August/September when the leaves are changing.

Happy WOYWW my good friend!

Hugs,
Kay #124

RosA said...

Hi Sandee,
What a fabulous collection of ATCs you have received! And I'm SO pleased you like mine! I kept wanting to put more on it, so it just grew and grew! I couldn't believe my eyes when I came across those vintage travel posters. I just love them (and you haven't seen the last of them!)
And YOUR ATC has just arrived this morning and I immediately saw the ice cream drip, which is what it looked like, but on closer inspection I thought it could be a Christmas stocking hanging from the fireplace! Many thanks also for the gorgeous card which the ATC came in, a lovely thought.
RosA #102

Valerie said...

What an exciting creative workspace! Wonderful ATC's you got! Great artistic flair in each one! I didn't participate as I had just started...maybe next year!

okienurse said...

This must be a week for American's going weird...read one post about buying gold glitter capsules for $425 so your poop would be sparkly...way too much info and who would know anyway??? Had a good giggle about it anyway and forwarded it to a brother that thinks his is gold anyhow!! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #42

Belinda Basson said...

You really have got quite a stash going there! I think they are Emus cos that is what they have in OZ, we in Africa have Ostriches...We might have to ask to confirm though either way, they are funky! Bella No45

Glenda said...

What a wonderful workspace this week! Thanks for sharing! Glenda#96

Tertia said...

I like phallic anyway, so its cool with me.LOL Love all the ATC's that you got, really creqative and different.
Thank you so much for all your visits and lovely comments on my blog. I always love coming here to read your blog, because no matter how bad my day is, you always let me leave with a smile.
Happy WOYWW

Morti said...

ROFL - your post gave me a real chuckle, but I have to say, I saw the drip and saw a.....drip. Guess my mind isn't as gutter-based as I thought! Yours however.... hehehehehehe

Just seen Okienurse's comment and can confirm that eating too much black fondant icing turns your poo black - much cheaper than buying gold capsules but no less amusing and equally too much info, but hey, we're having a gutter day!!!

Lovely ATCs you've received - I think a lot of mine are still in transit.... LOL

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarah said...

hope the atcs arrive soon and that you like red! Showed them this week as I think I might be out of action next time. Love the ones on show today! Thanks for calling by… Sarah.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You can't seem to keep away from that word "phallic." I'm STILL laughing. Too, too funny. You truly made out like a bandit or one very lucky person with lots of blog land friends. Way to go, dear.

Netty said...

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful goodies. Happy Summer of Color, Annette x

Molly said...

so much eye candy here on your page!!! (and i LOVE the fact that your mind is in the gutter, too!) :-)

Tracey FK said...

gutter away my dear, the world needs a bit more naughty... makes the blog hop a touch more fun in my book... and talk about being a bandit... you have been swamped in wonderful this week... how much fun...sorry I am so late getting here for week 1 and can't wait to see what you get up to for week 2...xx

Eliza said...

Now that is one really great collection of ATC's you should make a little at book of them. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great crafting week
Eliza #65
www.queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au

Please use this link when replying or the stamping ground blog link.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

a long post yes, but oh so amusing and interesting!

Mandy said...

LOVE YOUR SOC ENTRY AND GEE HAVE YOU BEEN BUSY...LOTS OF LOVELY WORK HERE...I LOVE YOUR LITTLE TEAPOT...XXX

Amy E said...

I wasn't able to play along on ATC week, but now after seeing all your gorgeous goodies, I wish I had! What fun getting all that happy mail!

Thanks for stopping by this week!

Amy E. #18
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Fishcake_random said...

Wow and on top of all this you have time to write a massive blog post! I don't have time some days to sneeze so how on earth do you fit it all in lol
x x x

Daniele Valois said...

very coool!!!

Shoshi said...

I was ROFL ROFL ROFL throughout most of this post, Sandee! You are a hoot!! What fabulous ATCs you've received!

I hope your jello accident wasn't a direct result of a shock received from reading my blog! Glad you like my zentangles, anyway!

Sorry to be so long responding but I've been having problems with my comments awaiting moderation not being visible - it turns out it's a Blogger/Firefox problem since the latest Firefox upgrade, so I'm temporarily using IE till they sort it out - hopefully soon!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Ritu Dua said...

Your work is so very adorable ...your 'embrace' flowers are beautiful!