Saturday, June 16, 2012

session: noun

a period of time during which people are involved in an activity together
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed Tracy's online party art session on Monday night because I was at Barbara's party, but since she records it, I was able to watch it on Tuesday, and was leaving comments on Tracy's page as I watched the video, much like I would be doing if I were chatting away with everyone during the class. The best part was that Tracy was also online and commenting to my comments, loved that! Thank you Tracy, that made it a lot of fun!

Anyhoo...I usually always walk away from Tracy's art sessions feeling inspired. And this is what I made, and although it may not look like Tracy's, it was inspired by spending time with her and by watching her create something and evidently by following her on Pinterest, because when I went to get the source for the inspiration ( not provided btw ) I saw that it was a repin from Tracy's boards! HA!
One of the techniques I tried was using gesso through a stencil and while it was still wet, spraying mists on it, LOVE the way it reacts with the gesso! And because I was using my finger to apply and pat the gesso onto the stencil, I have this extremely cool texture!
I layered the owl's wings on cut him out using my Paisley cartridge, and the limb from my French Manor cartridge on background paper I had created. I adhered my text book paper to card stock and then painted, sprayed, stamped with paint, gesso'd...you name and I was throwing it on there! He really has a more rustic feel to him than the picture shows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So just like I did, if you use a pin from Pinterest, and would like to share your idea, then Sarah and I would love to have you link up with ( here, with Project Pinterest ) and share your creations! Then we get to see what everyone is doing!!

10 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...superb Sandee...loVing all these techniques they've come together beautifully, super looking piece...Mel :)

Redanne said...

You did a wonderful job on this Sandee, so many techniques - love the one with gesso. Isn't it fun?!

Maureen Hayes said...

Wow, I have only been part of Tracy's Monday group for two weeks now, and I am amazed at the level of talent of all of my fellow participants! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it.

Dawn said...

This is beautiful Sandee, what a technique workshop too. Love the colour combo.
Hugs x

Rita said...

That gesso technique looks really neat! Very nice and cute saying, too. :)

angie/shuggy said...

this is very cool!!

Roudi said...

That looks very neat! Where can I join Tracey's weekly session, too?

Love,
Roudi

Pat N. said...

Very cool techniques Sandee. It looks terrific!--Pat N.

Terrie said...

This is SO cute - and I have yet to try the gesso or medium through a stencil technique. I keep forgetting. But I can imagine it gives such an excellent textural quality. Your owl is just adorable!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where HAVE I been? I love this!!