Thursday, May 31, 2012

on the fly: idiom

 do things without preparation, responding to events as they happen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finished my second T!M HOLTZ tag, the April one. I'm slowly catching up! yay!
I cut the bird and branch out with the Cricut French Manor cartridge using TH grunge board. Used his ink blending tool for the first time too! I can feel the love using this tool!
I used a left over scrap of grunge board to make the tag sentiment and the crown, inked it and embossed it and then stamped the saying.

Since Perfect Sentiments this week is allowing us to create any project as long as it has a sentiment on the front of it, I am going to enter this into their PSC34 Anything Goes With A Sentiment!
also
Die Cuttin Divas, Anything Goes Challenge!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then a little art on the fly so to speak with Tracy Weinzapfel Monday night free online class. You can go here to see her video, she records them, and she put my creation up on her blog too! She is also having a monthly challenge to use the quote:
"let go of whatever holds you back
and no longer serves you
because you only get one shot in life"
unknown
I was experimenting with some of Elizabeth's background techniques too in preparation for working on my AB. You can go here, if you want to see all the different background techniques along with their tutorials, next one I am trying will be the saran wrap!
I began with a coat of gesso on card board and while the gesso was still wet I rolled a paper towel tube over it which gave me a nice texture. ( You know, the kind where you have that last sheet glued to the card board roll and you only get tatters if you try and pull it off? ) Then I painted a coat of yellow, again rolled the paper towel tube over it.
Then blotted blue paint and spritzed some blue Tattered Angel. Next we painted a heart with gesso, I added a spritz of purple Tattered Angel.
Next, painted the purple heart and added some glitter into the paint.  I also rolled the paper towel tube across the heart , I then outlined my hearts with black water color paint and spritzed it with water, held it up to let the drips run down the board.

Spritzed with black tattered Angels. Then outlined the edges and added the challenge quote, finished it off with a stamp "Live Life".

Hope everyone has a fantastic, artistic day!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link up to our
In the hills of North Carolina

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your second tag turned out Amazing! Love that die and the colors you used are so rich and gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Redanne said...

Wow Sandee, great job on that tag - it is amazing, you certainly don't look anything like a first timer with TH. So glad you enjoyed it - and it shows. The bird is fabulous, love the colour you achieved. Also like your second piece, particularly the drips of paint, I really love them.xx

Martha Richardson said...

Hi Sandee...got here from Tracy's blog...I'm Martha from the coast of NC. I'm so intrigued by your blog that I will be back when I can spend more time ;) Come visit me at ~
http://themermaidscloset.blogspot.com

Tracy Weinzapfel said...

absolutely beautiful! I love what everyone is doing with the challenge this month!

jan farnworth said...

very nice tags thanks for playing along with the perfect sentiment.

Terrie said...

Great tag and so many elements on such a small surface. Very cool!

Rita said...

Both are really pretty! That's nice that your heart painting got featured on Tracy's blog, too. :)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful tag, I love the background and the bird with the crown looks fab
Lindsay xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

I can't remember if I said thanks for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog lol
Lindsay xx

505whimsygirl said...

Oh wow Sandee,

Love these tags!!! Very cool. I guess I need to give papercrafting another go. Plain and simple has been my style.

Hugs,
Kay

Gerda said...

What a great project, love you're color combi!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the design and the image is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.