Tuesday, May 1, 2012

stages: noun

a step, level, or period in the development or progress of something
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were ( and still are ) different stages for emotions when submitting your projects for publication to magazines...here are my stages:

1. I cannot get anything accepted, I'm a total, horrible crafter. No one likes my stuff at all!
2. How dare they not take my stuff, it's way better than so and so who they published!
3. I'm PUBLISHED! They love me!
4. How come they didn't take anything? I've submitted 3 times since the last time, I thought they loved me?
5. Wow, they accepted 2 projects at once!
6. They took 4 projects for ONE magazine, wow, I better get to work!
7. My first 2 page spread.....I am FAMOUS! ;)
8. And, now...my first 4 page tutorial....woo hooo...this is exciting!!




9.So when do they put me on the cover? lol :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you tired of male birthday cards? Yep, me too! I think I got my stash built back up and now I have some serious Mother's Day cards to make!


Stretch Your Imagination cartridge
Heidi Grace paper
Prima trim
butterfly-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the hills of North Carolina

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on being published. I've never even tried. I'm stuck at number 1, which is "I'm not good enough." Of course, I love every card you make, even though I don't have a Cricut or any die cutting machine.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

congrats on being published - looks awesome

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. I am stuck at #1 and it's reassuring to hear that even if I'm always going to be there, others are experiencing the same frustration! Love your blog :)

elle said...

congratulations! :)

Redanne said...

Wow - you are published. This means I know someone famous as well as talented! Many congratulations Sandee. I am stuck at No. 1 but maybe one day, you never know..........Anne x

Terrie said...

I don't have a cricut or any of those fancy machines, but I can still appreciate the effort and beauty of the cards you make. They're always so inspiring. And good on you for being published - more than once! I'm a long way from even submitting, but I can enjoy others' success!

505whimsygirl said...

Way to go!! A four page tutorial is great. Love the frog. Let's celebrate!!!

Hugs,
Kay

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Congratulations! I was published in a newsletter once a long time ago--it is very exciting! I don't have a cricut either--the projects you show are fun!

Pat N. said...

Congrats Sandee on your tutorial being published!! That is such wonderful news.--Pat

Teresa Zuehls said...

Lovely card and take on the sketch! Love how you turned the sketch and the lovely flowers running up the birdhouse. TFS

Linda Beeson said...

How cute is your project in the magazine, congrats! Your card using the CPS sketch is so cute.