Friday, May 25, 2012

binds: transitive and intransitive verb

to form a link or relationship between people based on loyalty, affection, or a shared experience
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mermaid Bookmark
I made the base of my mermaid from 2 layers of fabric upholstery swatches, the tail, face, and head are cut out from a magazine. I gave her a rhinestone belly button in the form of a brad.
Her hair is put together from some fibers and I added glass beads and a starfish charm.
I did add glue to her sides so that she wouldn't unravel, and the sentiment is cut out from a book.
and
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first T!m Holtz tag! Ta dah!!
As much as I bought the other day I still didn't have everything I needed but I did pretty well. The enameled flowers are by Recollections, I would have made my own but the Michael's store was out of the large UTEE so I am waiting for that to arrive. The spool of thread, I made myself out of cardboard, woo hoo! I made my self happy on that :)
 The dress form was cut out from my Cricut ( French Manor ) using TH grunge board and I am loving how it turned out and it was so easy to pop those little pieces out of the grunge board, no tearing! yay! I inked it and then sprayed it with Black Diamond shimmer mist.

I even used the alcohol ink for the first time. My flowers only came in 3 colors so I had 2 flowers that were light pink and I wanted them all different colors. This shows the original colors.
However once I colored the flower I had to add the same color to the end of the butterfly wings and to the beads to balance out the colors.

The dress form background is an overlay that I white washed and then stamped the sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs. I did add a few buttons and beads on the bottom of the card just 'cause it was a sewing type theme tag. Last but not least, I scrunched, sprayed, and inked a Martha Stewart ribbon. I also used one of his Distress pens on the top portion of the card, Antique Linen.

So being my very first TH tag and having spent around $100.00 in supplies...what do you think? lol

and
and of course
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting your creativity on this week end? Are you a fan of Pinterest? If you like to combine the 2 and create something from a pin think link up your post to Project Pinterest! :)
In the hills of North Carolina

31 comments:

Kalea Wavedancer said...

I adore the mermaid and love the tag! And Jake said to say hi back :)

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...super mermaid all full of shimmer & wow just adore your Tim Tag, it's superb Sandee loVe all your elements & a super sentiment, there's no stopping you now....loVe it!...Mel :)

Diane ~ said...

Oh wow! these are simply delightful! Love your creations! :)

Lou Anne Hazel said...

Your mermaid is fabulous. I need to go make a mermaid bookmark! I love the tag too-best $100 tag I've ever seen. :)

Craftychris said...

The mermaid is so cool and the tag is amazing! So much detail - Tim would be proud. Definitely worth $100!!!!!! xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

cute mermaid and your tim holtz tag is awesome!

KatzElbows said...

Your mermaid is so much fun. Love it. I would never have thought of using paper and fabric together like that. Certainly gets me thinking.

cheers,
rachel

Ritu Dua said...

Your mermaid is stunning ! I love her hair especially the beads and the little starfish that beautifully sits there!

Redanne said...

Sandee, that mermaid is so sweet, love her. But - whoop de whoop!! A Timmy Tag - well done! Love how it all came together for you. I really, really hope you win, to recoup some of your outlay but on the positive side, you can play lots more now with 'all things Tim'. Fabulous job! Anne x

505whimsygirl said...

I'd say you got your money worth!!! It's a great tag -- that spool is amazing!!!

I linked up with project pinterest today. Since I don't post too often I like to spread them out.... Oh, and Blogger -- help! Yikes. It's taken me an extra long time to do anything! It took me a while to even find my list of blogs that I follow.

Hugs,
Kay

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Fantastic mermaid bookmark--and way to go combining your challenges together. I was wondering if she would find her way into your AB?

The tag is beautiful--very nice dimension!

Lori Saul said...

Love the use of so many wonderful elements- just absolutely gorgeous and creative!

Jennifer McLean said...

thanks so muchfor your adorable submission to my APR this week. So glad to see you could combine two challenges. I should try and do that!!
Best,
Jenn

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Both really fantastic makes, I love the cotton reel on the second one. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

VonnyK said...

That mermaid is stunning, I love it so much and your tag, wow. It is incredible, you are so talented. Doesn't it cost a lot to get all the bits though.
Love them both.
Von :) APR

minnemie said...

What a fun site with boo-koodles of fun creations! Those wonderful hills of NC has a magical influence:-) Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the tag. I like the fun pastel colours you used, and I'd be well pleased too with making a spool as you did.

peggy gatto said...

She is delightful!!!

Darla said...

I came to see the mermaid and had the bonus of seeing your great tag too. I love the variety of items you used to create both of them.

Darla

May said...

WHOOP, WHOOP WHOOP!! Sandee a Sir Timmie Tag... its fabulous!! Love it! fab job on the cotton reel... Well and your mermaid is just STUNNING.. I love her hair.. fabby creations Sandee... Hugs May x x x

Starr said...

Fabulous tag! I love the shabby distressing and the thimble with the flowers is just too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing at The Shabby Tea Room!

Tracey FK said...

gosh this is wonderful... the hair is just perfect and so neat and the words are just perfect... great way to combine to the challenges...xx

Kim Collister Studio said...

I love her colorful hair and her sweet face. What a fantastic bookmark and challenge submission!
I love your other bookmarks as well but this one is my favorite!

XO
Kim

Unknown said...

She is just adorable. I totally love your mermaid. Great entry.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HMM!! Now you know why I don't buy all that stuff. You spent more to make that TH tag than I paid for both fabric AND craft supplies last year. And I have spent less than $3.00 this year on supplies.

I knew as soon as I read the IA challenge this week that you would enter. It will be the perfect addition to your AB. I hope you will show it again when we make tags in the AB class. She is adorable.

gma said...

I came from IA. Cute mermaid bookmark!!!

Linda said...

Great first tag! I love it, it's so pretty and the sentiment is just perfect. The mermaid is gorgeous too - well done you! xx

Winnie said...

Love your tag! That sentiment is great and love the form and sentiment. That mermaid bookmark is sooooo fabulous. Her hair and her jeweled bellybutton are great!

Katie Butler said...

You are so creative Sandee. I love the way you used the fibers on the mermaid hair. Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge.

Tammy said...

Sandee!!
You are soooo gifted!!! the Lord had me click on your linky thumbnail under The 12 tags of 2012 on Tim Holtz site:) WOWZERS!!! I LOVE what you did with your tag!!! EVERY single detail:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www,urbeyondmeasure.com

Tammy said...

How do I follow by email? thanks and again be blessed!!
~Beyond measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com