Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cedar waxwing: noun

A North American bird (Bombycilla cedrorum) having a crested head, a yellow-tipped tail, and predominantly brown plumage. Also called cedarbird.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right in the middle of packing up for the craft fair my downstairs neighbor called to report that there were loads of Cedar waxwings out on our bush, so I quickly grabbed my camera and tried to get a quick snapshot of them. I wish I had more time to get a good shot, but enlarge the picture and then you can you can see 5 of them! I haven't seen a Cedar waxwing in over 10 years and I was sorry I didn't have the time to enjoy them..oh well...

but now my car is loaded up and off to my friend's to help them get their car packed!
It's early in the morning, everyone getting ready. ( Barbara and Shirley )
I sold something for about every 5th person who stopped by. Not bad.

Shirley's husband ( David ) supervising us...hmmm...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to upload your Project Pinterest Project!

In the hills of North Carolina

9 comments:

Redanne said...

Not bad? I would say that is brilliant - well done Sandee. Anne x

May said...

Fantastic Sandee... so glad your day went well.. Hugs May x x x ps thanks for the fab pic of the birds x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I've been offline all week, but I'm trying to catch up now. I'd never heard of a waxwing, but I loved the photo of these apparently elusive birds. Also, that little bluebird is adorable.

I am glad you had a productive sale. Good for you! Nothing to worry about, right??

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, me again! Thank you so much for your comments, I am a wee bit excited as you can imagine. Glad you found it, I didn't even have the stuff I needed - nor do I have much for this month either but I am going to have a go anyway. I have never seen anyone win twice, which is so fair, but I just want to keep challenging myself. Hugs, Anne x

Joanne said...

Hope it was a fun and successful day! Love the birds, they are really pretty! Aloha!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Running to catch up with everyone! Glad your craft show went well--sounds like it was pretty well attended.

The photos of the bluebirds and waxwings are amazing!

Terrie said...

So glad the show went well! Looks like weather cooperated too. I think it's a courageous thing to sit there and have folks walk by and sort through your stuff, passing their judgment. I'm so not ready for that. Hope more success comes your way.

Jackie said...

Glad your craft fayre went well :)
Jackie #91

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

I'm getting caught up on all your antics (made me laugh about the farting fishes). Those birds are gorgeous!!!!

Congrats on the craft fair! I know how hard it is to put yourself out there. It sounds like you had a nice steady stream of sales.

I'll have to go back and see what the trick was to the peeling eggs - maybe a touch of vinegar in the water? Working on my next project pinterest.

Hugs,
Kay