Thursday, May 24, 2012

white wash:

lime suspended in water, often with glue or sizing, and used like paint for whitening walls
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's Thursday, so that means it's time for Project Pinterest. I admit I love pinning but more so, I love making something from that idea! Especially when it's something for my balcony. I have been trying to be a little more creative with my clay pots, here's one example where I wrapped a wide piece of burlap around the pot and then hot glued a flower from Maya Road onto it. I absolutely love it and it was so easy to do.

Then I saw this idea from At The Picket Fence:
277182552035407292_Qv5dXk2q_f
 I thought it would be fun to paint one of my pots, which was slowly getting that patina look, but I am so impatient that I thought I would help it along :) So here is the before picture:

And here it is after I applied some white washing and a touch of color:
I am thinking of adding some more green to it, and bringing out the orange a little bit too.

Now my technique differs from the pin, I haven't sanded any nor chipped away at my pot. I brushed on the paint, and then dabbed and wiped off what I didn't want with a paper towel. I think my pot has a softer more blended look to it. I'm not really finished but daylight was leaving me and I had to get a picture in for the post!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week the Featured Pinterest gal is:

 Sally from over at Drinking From My Saucer ( 'cause my cup has overflowed )! yay Sally, I'll be sending you your button so you can show it off on your blog!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you are finding a little creativity in your life each and every day, it's a great way to express your self! I would love to see what you are creating from your pins, so post them here!

Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:

1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
* From now on to be considered a "Featured Pinner" you need to add the Project Pinterest button to your blog please.
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!


In the hills of North Carolina

13 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

... gorgeous piccy's Sandee loVe what you've achieved with your pots, they look geat...Mel :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great work there, I keep look at the pots outside too, am sure I'll get my hands on one soon, if my mum doesn't keep moving them! She does the garden, loves it, it's like having my own gardener, for free! Zo xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my golly your pots and deck look beautiful!!! what a fun project

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a lovely garden right there on your patio. How easy is that? And truly beautiful, too. I'm in awe! What a great project. Not sure how you found time to make this project with WOYWW, too, but I love it.

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, I like the burlap on the pot, but I absolutely love your bunting saying home sweet home, it lovely. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Dianne said...

a cool project...and your balcony looks lovely & inviting! I am a Pinterest addict too...daughter's wedding coming up in the fall and the race is on!

SarahinSC said...

I love the way it turned out!

Craftychris said...

Loving your pots and your balcony is pretty cool too!! xx

Katie said...

I love the flower pots! And your balcony is gorgeous!

I love pinning things, and then making my pins, but I've gotten a bit away from it lately, what with the end of the school year. I need to get back to it asap!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the visit today. I just HAD to respond to your question about the dresses. The next time you go to my blog, please click on "Previous Collaborations," which will take you to a new page. Scroll down to "Dress Up 2010" and click on the months. Most of the people who made these used only paper and didn't make them two sided. I made mine so you could view them from both sides, so YES, I'm quite proud of them. Hope you have time to give them a peek. There's one Oriental dress that my friend Annette sent me. I was going to alter it, but changed my mind and stuck it up with the rest when I was cleaning up.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Oh, drats - I need to add the Project Pinterest button to my post. I wonder if I'll be able to figure that out...... I do have a link to your blog though so that will get them here.

I just had to use the image of the Hey Girl guy.... just wait till you see what he says! ;-)

Your pot looks great! I think I have that same pin pinned! hee hee

Hugs,
Kay

Roudi said...

Hello Sandee!
Your pot lookS great now! I'm totally joining the project pinterest link up. :)

I have to admit I pin more than I craft, but I'll have to choose one good project to make.

Your new follower,

Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

Ritu Dua said...

Beautiful pots! I am in love with your water can and the basket with lovely flowers:-)