Thursday, November 3, 2016

Classy and a little bit Sassy

This is the last girl done in the Jane Davenport series, Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces. I love the way her hair turned out as this was painted over a heavily inked background so I just went with the flow and used a watered down gesso to "color" in the hair letting the inks from below bleed through and then added a few rainbow streaks for emphasis. 
I would recommend this book to anyone learning how to draw faces with a whimsical flair.




4 comments:

tartantaz said...

I have really enjoyed seeing and reading about your adventure with the Beautiful faces book by Jane Davenport. I have that book and I love it T x

carol l mckenna said...

She is definitely classy and sassy ~ well done art ~ thanks,

Wishing you a week of your choice ~ ^_^

Jean said...

She is perfect!

Tommy Jo said...

I am sad that I won't see more of these girls as I have enjoyed them so much. I am definitely looking forward to the art you are inspired to create from Danielle's book!