Sunday, January 11, 2015

color challenges galore!

MFT Color challenge


I decided on a different twist to the color challenge. My card is mainly a black and white cards with little pops of the colors used from the MFT board.


I first dotted the paper with molding paste and after the dots dried I used Ranger's stickles on top. The bunny was cut out from Cricut ( Winter Wonder cartridge p. 58 1" ) The  sentiment stamp is old  ( Fiskars ) and the cute birch trees are Paper Smooches Autumn Groves.



Unity{be inspired} challenge 


Although this color challenge screamed snowmen at me I decided to go a different route since I've made so many of them lately.

I used some old glittery embossed paper from DCWV and a new stamp from Unity called 3 Stick Chicks. Now a part of my inking didn't come out solid so I got out a Micron pen to fill in the area and made a boo boo. But when this happens, just go with it. I loosely outlined the entire stamp to make the scribbly outlines look intentional.

So, OK, maybe it's not a galore of color challenges, but what the heck, I just like using the word galore. So sue me. lol

10 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

love the colors and the cards!!

Susan R. Opel said...

I so agree that the MFT color combo works really well in small doses, Sandee! Thanks for participating and getting crafty with us. :D

Winnie said...

Love how you added the small amounts of color on your bunny card, as he stands out so nice against the trees (love the way you did the paste/snow).

Unknown said...

I love this card!

She's a Color Queen said...

Both cards are wonderful! I love the color pops on the trees, great idea, and the argyle paper with the girls is perfect! We would love to have you come share your Unity creations and other stamp projects at Anya, Oddies, and Others! A linky party blog for stampers, and we welcome all stamp brands. We are for fun and inspiration!
http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

love them both and that argyle paper is so cute. thanks for playing along♥

Kelli Haglund said...

Love the coloring of the girls. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Beth H. said...

Cute card...love the sentiment!

Gigglls said...

Love your cards! They are out of the box and like it. You have inspired me. Thank you.

Jean said...

Wonderful cards!