Thursday, November 13, 2014

One of a Kind Winter


I'm not much of a star person and I don't know why, but I'm just not.
So I wasn't sure how I would approach this challenge: but challenges are a good thing, they make you stretch.
I'm all for stretching.
I ran across this scrap piece of paper and thought...perfect!
It inspired me to take out my Susan K. Weckesser stamp: One of a Kind Winter and create this little thank you card, perfect for the upcoming season to send to a friend to warm their heart.


I like to employ a technique I call sinking.
Which means cutting or tearing a slit into the paper and sliding your embellishment into the slot to give it an easy dimensional appearance.
I also like to roll my paper edges for a little texturing.

I finished the cutie of a snowman off by coloring it in with my Pitt Pens and adding a little stickles to his buttons and of course adding some penned shading with my Pigma Sensei Magna pens. And since I cut my image out I double stamped him so I wouldn't have to bother with fussy cutting the fringes and the tiny stick arms out.

I think he will find a friend who will love him, don't you?


3 comments:

Salla said...

What a fun clean & simple card! Any friend will love it.

Anonymous said...

Loving that scrap piece of paper!! And what a great idea to nestle that little snowman into the cut in the paper.....I've never thought of that! You're just so dang smart my friend! ;o)
Huggss,
Yvonne

debby4000 said...

What a lovely snowman card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby