Saturday, March 17, 2012

yummy: adjective

very appealing to taste or smell

Here is another Pinterest find...and a yummy one at that! Now, just so you know I don't pin food recipes, I go ahead and head over to the link and put the link in a recipe file that I already had started. This one came from Life Hacker, for "Bake an Egg in an Avocado For a Fast and Healthy Breakfast Treat". That just sounded intriguing and I had to give it a whirl.

The first try was almost disastrous as after following all the directions, my avocado tip over while putting it in the oven and the egg spilled out. Lesson 1 learned, avocados don't have flat bottoms! HA!

Next try I made a little cup out of tin foil and placed the avocado in it and that has worked very well.

Lesson 2,  if you like a lot of avocado with your egg ( and I do ) don't use extra large size eggs, ( which is what I currently have in my fridge ) because the directions tell you to scoop out some avocado to make room for the egg, and being that I'm using extra large eggs, it means I waste some of the egg white that spills over the edges...oh well....lesson learned.


I bake mine for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and top with cheese. Then put back into the oven to melt. ( The picture above has little brown spots on the pans which are the bits of cheese that didn't make it to the avocado, lol ) So far I have use shredded Italian and Pepper Jack, and both have been very good too!

So, have you made anything from Pinterest? If you have we would love to see what you made, what you thought of it, etc. Sarah, over at It's on the tip of my tongue is asking everyone to show what they found over at Pinterest and to see what they made using that idea. So it's show and tell time ladies!

I hope y'all have a wonderful week end and Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone!
waving hi and wearing green from the hills of North Carolina :)

2 comments:

SarahinSC said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!!! What a treat! I LOVE avocados and will have to try this. Thanks for posting!
Sarah:)

Redanne said...

I think this is definitely worth a try - thanks for the receipe.