Sunday, March 18, 2012

hindsight: noun

the ability or opportunity to understand and judge an event or experience after it has occurred



How I 'dun' it:
First I cleaned the watering can, then put 2 coats of gesso on it. ( Using my succulent color palette from Pinterest ) I mixed up a dusky lavender and painted it with 2 coats of paint. ( The saying was also taken from Pinterest, just tweaked a little ) Then cut my letters out from Don Jaun at 1/2", and my flower from Stretch Your Imagination at 2", and the flourish from French Manor at 2". I then used a clear gloss enamel and stuck the letters on while it was still wet. Then went back and covered the letters and the entire watering can with the clear gloss enamel again.


In hindsight ( I always notice things after I have taken a picture of them ) I would have moved the word 'plants' over to the left by one spacing so that the flower pot would have lined up with the middle of the flourish.

Entered in Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Contest: Decorative Letter Challenge
Unique Crafters Challenge March challenge #1
Inspiration from:

and no link provided for this pin:

So here is another successful day of pinning and creating something from the pin.
Have you pinned lately?
Better yet, have you made something from your pin?

If you have, then Sarah, over at It's on the tip of my tongue, would love for you to post your project and then link it up there so everyone can see that endless hours of sitting on the couch and pinning really can be put to productive use! HA!


15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

hahahaha too funny!

Redanne said...

Your watering can gave me a much needed chuckle today - thank you!

Lisa B said...

Super cute (and funny)! Good luck on the Cricut Circle contest.

Gina piazza said...

Love it! And love the description of how you created it and your "pin-spiration!"

Unknown said...

Sandee, I love the colors for this challenge. Your water can is adorable.

Unknown said...

I love your watering can re-do! I see what you are saying about moving the word plants over, but you would also have to move the word my to make room for the flower. I think it is fantastic just the way you "dun" it!
hugs,
Ellen

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee! Another project from pinterest -- you go girl! I didn't notice the pot not lining up with the flourish until you mentioned it.

I've seen that saying on pinterest - it's too cute!

As for spring -- we are having high winds and are supposed to get snow today and tonight..... bummer

Hugs,
Kay

KOLA Designs said...

Love this!! I saw the saying on Pinterest too and I love the way you used it! It totally makes me giggle :)

Craftychris said...

Love it! and it really made me smile xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in love with your watering can. I think it is perfect, but oftentimes we see things as imperfect, where others do not.

I'm SO sorry you had trouble with Blogger and your comment. Welcome to MY Blogger world.

BTW, you were NOT alone in posting your niche. I suspect my instructions were NOT clear before, so that's why I tried to clear them up a bit. Thanks for being so supportive of this project and I know you will hold off on your next lesson (grin).

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That made me laugh out loud!! That's a great pin and project!

Mrs. Green said...

This is hilarious! Great project!

Kerry said...

What a cute project and saying! Thanks for playing in the Unique Crafters challenge!

cdm317 said...

I wouldn't change a thing! It's perfect! Good luck in the challenge!
Colleen (gonescrappin Cricut Circle)

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

SO CUTE!! Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Unique Crafters Challenges and GOOD LUCK :)