Saturday, March 31, 2012

Trillium: noun

Any of various plants of the genus Trillium, of North America, the Himalaya Mountains, and eastern Asia, usually having a cluster of three leaves and a variously colored, three-petaled flower. Also called birthroot, wake-robin.

This week's Cricut Circle Challenge is:
Create a scrapbook page, card, home decor item, or other project with a Springtime theme. You must also incorporate ric rac and at least one sticker, and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts.

This is what I made:
Sometimes there are advantages to living in an apartment. For me, it's the fact that I have an enclosed stairway so I can create my paper crafts to hang on my front door without having to worry about nature destroying them. So I made a huge bunny head as my welcome Easter door decoration!

Weekly Challenge #55: Springtime Challenge!
bunny shape - free hand drawn and then cut out of card board
Paper Trimmings cartridge for the flower
Storybook cartridge for the flourish
rick rack - Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthy Club assortment
butterfly sticker, gem - K&Co.
paper - Best Occasions Textured Stack
sticker letters- Heidi Grace
Helmars 450 and Aleene'e tacky Glue
chalk, button, plaid bow - from stash

...and leaving you with a picture of a Trillium I took yesterday while on my hike. Just love all the wild mountain flowers blooming right now!

Lovely day outside! Think I'll go sit on my balcony for awhile!

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Oh my! This is absolutely darling!!!

Karen said...

I love your Easter bunny, it is so cute and such a beautiful photo of the Trillium. Have a lovely weekend, luv Karen xxx

Craftychris said...

Love your welcoming bunny and that flower is beautiful xx

Redanne said...

Sandee, you really took me back - as a child I lived in Ontario, Canada and the trillium is the provincial emblem. Have tried to grown them here in the UK without much luck. Lovvve the bunny, so cute.

May said...

What a fabulous Bunny super cute!!! Sadly the weather here in the UK is turning cold brrrrrrr, So my poor garden is confused as lovely weather last week made my flowers bloom!! the cold will damage them sadly!! Love the pic of the Trillium x Have a great Saturday

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a cute little bunny. I love the details - w/ the butterfly and flower too cute. Great job.