Monday, March 12, 2012

timing - noun

a dimension that enables two identical events occurring at the same point in space to be distinguished, measured by the interval between the events

We had a little birthday party at our monthly meet up for Hiking With Cameras for our leader Wendy. We all brought a little something to eat and I had volunteered to bring some fruit and I chose pineapple.
Now the problem in bringing something to a party is getting it back home, will it be forgotten? Would someone mistake it for their dish and take it accidentally? Will it get broken? So I always try and go the safest route, but leaving it in that container would be...well.....safe but very unattractive, right?
So add a little paper and...voila!

And, of course I volunteered to make a birthday card for everyone to sign for her:
I used some printed Kraft paper for the background, layered with an inked plain kraft paper and then used a pine tree paper on top. I cut the tree from my Cricut but need the trunk to be longer so I hand cut that out. Tied it up with some cute twine, and used hiking boot stickers as charms, pop dotting one up for some dimension.
And the inside of the card reads:
Happy 29th Birthday AGAIN!
Winter Wonderland cartridge
Really Reasonable Ribbon twine
My Little Shoebox sticker letters
Kraft paper,stickers, pine paper- stash

10 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great card for hiking with camera frinds. So appropriate!
Love the hand drawn interior of the card too.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great way to alter the container!!!

great card too!

Redanne said...

It is a lovely card, I especially like the hiking boots - great fun.

Craftychris said...

Fab card especially the boots. I love the way you dressed up the containers xx

cherry said...

Fun card! love the theme

CraftygasheadZo said...

Great card, love those boots! Zo xx

Unknown said...

Love your card! Those hiking boots are adorable!
hugs,
Ellen

Karen said...

What a clever and fab way to alter the container and such a beautiful card :) Luv Karen xx

Anita Scroggins said...

Great card, and that pineapple is making me hungry! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

toni said...

I love the thought of you waving from the Hills of North Carolina ! I love to see a messy desk as it means that someone has been having a lot of fun, great work on your altered book love the sea theme x