Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Artcation - day 2

Wow, yesterday we spent almost all day playing with watercolors, watching movies, eating chocolate and took a break to go down to the pool area and sit in the hot Jacuzzi while they played music. We finally had a break in the rain and it was nice to get out of the room for awhile!

I love checking out other people art supplies and Anna loves her watercolor brushes. I love how she keeps them rolled up in this bamboo mat with her little watercolor swatches! She is this neat!

She is also very methodical and takes her time making very controlled art. I am very impressed with her patience!

 I, on the other hand am very spread out and messy!

My drawing was more along the lines of fast and furious. 

Yesterday was very rough for us, after hours of drawing and painting all day, we crashed early last night. We also decided this morning that we needed to move from the couches to the dining room table for better back and light support, so we shifted all the supplies over to the table. Hopefully that will help us out...

5 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Oh so happy you guys are having a great time.. I am JEALOUS DAILY!!! ::le sigh::: :) <3 Tell Anna if she really has patience.. to color and take her time.. BOOO BOOO Hisss Hissss.. lmaoooo <3 u guys!!

Jean said...

Love that piece! Sounds like moving to the table will be a good thing!

Rita said...

Looks like a wonderful time. You know what to do when it rains!
I am a combination--an organized neatnick who likes to spread out and have lots of room--LOL!
Have fun!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh I so envy the two of you right now! I am so glad you are having a great time and you are putting out some wonderful art there.

Anonymous said...

What a great time!! Best way to relieve rainy day doldrums...can't wait to see more!
I also love to keep my brushes rolled up in one of those bamboo mats...am thinking about getting one for my pens and pencils, too.
Enjoy!!!
-Bonnie