Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Say cheese!

Yay, my new stamp arrived and boy did I need that pick me up as I had just come back from buying some new sandals. 
Now, you might be asking yourself, how does buying new sandals stress you out? Well, I use to buy any cute, sexy strappy little thing that caught my eye, but this time I bought some for comfort...omg, I'm one step away from buying orthopedic shoes!
If I start wearing socks with my sandals I think I'll commit myself to a nursing home!!


I had a lot of fun working on this card for Simon Says We're Going Dotty challenge. One of their design team members used this stamp in her example and well, I immediately had to go buy it! 

Art Impressions CAT Big Mouths Cling Rubber Stamps 4565

(evidently a lot of other people thought it was cute too because when I went to grab the link, it has been sold out! )

But I can see why, I mean it's adorable. 

I did fussy cut the cake out and used my Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots behind the candles, and well, even the cat too. Now the only thing I didn't like was the fact that there wasn't a "stop" piece to keep the slider from being pulled out all the way or from being pushed up too far. I messed up on trying to make something so I wrote "please" on the strip. I will need to do a better job on the next one. I also wish there had been a "pull" stamp that came with the kit, but oh well. 
I added some stickles to the candle flames, and you can see that the background was originally plain so I added some extra larger dots with a stencil and a Signo white pen. All in all, I love this stamp, just need a little practice putting it together, thank goodness it did come with instructions or I would have been sunk. lol

4 comments:

Caryn said...

What a fun card, so much dimension - it looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn x

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

loooove this stamp... now i have to go look at SSS for stamps.. I love AI stamps.. you should share on their page too!!

Carole Z said...

This stamp was worth waiting for, it's brilliant! Love this and your sandal story did make me smile, hugs Carole ZX

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Don't worry, I'll get rid of all your socks for you.