Friday, July 17, 2015

it's gonna' get busy...

Let's start with tomorrow, I've asked to be a judge for the Chalk it Up contests that our downtown area has each year, not sure which age group I will be musing over but it will be fun. Then off to the studio to work on my upcoming piece for the Artists Studio Expo next weekend.

Yesterday they put up the window display in the gallery, it seems I have all my design teams exhibited here, lol The large canvas was done all in paper pulp, and yes, even the black lines are paper ( Arnold Grummer Paper Making ), the kissing dove journal was painted in DecoArts Multi Surface paints, the sparkly heart box was created using The Buckle Boutique Self Adhesive Rhinestone sheets, and the Bless You tissue box was a project I created for Helmar Worldwide Adhesives using Liquid Scrap Dots.


Here's a shot of the window with all 4 artists represented.

Next week before the show I will be going around to all the B&B's to distribute flyers. I'm also going to hand out a magazine where they did a write up about me and invites to the show to my neighbors, although they rarely come to any...lol But it at least lets them know why I am as weird as I am...snort....
And on top of everything going on I have 2 little older ladies who consider me the "young" thing. They use to live next door to each other, but one had to move to a more affordable housing so now, every time she cannot get ahold of her friend via the phone, she calls me to go check on her. I admit I actually starting sniffing the air as I walked down the hall...oh my....that's so bad, it's funny...OK, no, it's just bad. One day someone will be smelling me rotting away in my apartment, it's probably the only way they will discover my passing away.

Well, that's just an upbeat way to end this blog post, now isn't it?
lol

5 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Sandee, sorry I've been missing this week: work overload i'm afraid. I'm going to have a catch up now, but what a super display - good luck with the judging tomorrow, hugs Carole Z x

Unknown said...

LOL you kill me. Your art looks fabulous you wonderful artist you!! Show them what you got!

Pam said...

Busy indeed, the window looks great! Hey, it's great to be considered the "young" thing by someone! I can just picture you timidly walking down the hall, nose in the air sniffing away. I hope you never smell anything but pleasant smells.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jean said...

You are rocking things these days!! Hope you didnot find any smells!

Sandy said...

I hope all was well with the neighbor. Your window display is wonderful and I am sure it had a few people popping in for a closer look.