Monday, June 8, 2015

Montage sketching

Montage :  a composite picture made by combining several separate pictures

So...ususally I try to paint what is directly in front of me but today I was "called upon" by my inner muse to go here and there to create my drawing. I was surrounded by a plethora of beautiful things to draw and simply wanted to do them all, so I did the next best thing and tried to incorporate as many as I could in one drawing. I've never moved my chair so many times during one art session! I did forget to take a picture of the mountains to put in my collage, but I think you can get the idea. So here is my composite drawing of 4 different areas that we had at out disposal today to draw from. 

5 comments:

Anna said...

What a lovely little composite of images! I love mountains and old buildings.

Jean said...

How cool! I would never think to do this.

No snakes or tails??

Unknown said...

I want to go to this place you painted and just sit and admire the beauty.. Love it

Carole Z said...

Love the images Sandee and the beautiful inspiration you took from them, hugs Carole Z xx

Sandy said...

Great way to get a variety of wonderful things that you had to draw all in one picture.