Monday, December 5, 2016

Art gives you a story to tell...

Well, what can I say except that this has become a favorite technique of mine. Collaging with both strips of mono printed papers and old stash
 ( in this case, rub on letters ) and then using my ColourArte Twinkling H20's shimmering watercolors ( China Black ) to cover the entire page.

Grunge and Aging
This time I did not cover the entire page in a coat of decoupage so there are some areas where the Twinks absorbed into the paper and some areas where the Twinks stayed on top of the paper. Love the combined effects of aging and grunge.

Oops are OK
I did have one little oops where the clear sticker was not secured to the page so a little bit of the black watercolor ran under it and you can't see the last "L" in the word "tell" very well.

Perfectly Imperfect
Because some of the stickers were old they didn't completely come off the sheet perfectly and it looks freaking awesome...lol...couldn't have managed that distressed look on my own probably...well, not without some thought and planning. 

Happy accidents 
As an added bonus I discovered that the rub on sticker letters actually acted as a resist to the watercolors, I was afraid that the black watercolor would cover them up but it was a happy accident to discover how they almost pop off the page.

So currently, this is one of my favorite art journal pages...
until the next one, lol

2 comments:

Jean said...

Very cool page!! Oops are good!

Laney said...

I agree with Jean - this is a very cool page!