Friday, October 10, 2014

Illustration Friday - Octopus

Octopus
In Clearprint's Vellum Field Guide Journal
using Pigma Microns and Dylusions Ink
for Illustration Friday

The front side of the page is where I drew the outline of the wine glass and his head peeping over the water. Colored in the stem, the water in the bowl of the glass and the top of the Octopus's head. Then wrote Octopus on the bottom portion of the glass.
*** Note to self: wait for pen to dry on vellum before adding wet medium***

On the backside of the page I drew the entire Octopus along with a small sunken ship and painted him in.



9 comments:

Jean said...

Love your use of both sides! I could not figure out anything to make doing that.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Sandee!!! Love how you incorporate both sides!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I think its awesome.. lol.. wondered what you do with a vellum journal! Always amazes me! I like the idea of the front and back views.. :)

Cathy von Hassel-Davies said...

I love this!!! You really thought out of the box for this one! Awesome!

Hugs!

Carole Z said...

Both sides...brilliant! hugs Carole Z X

Arty Auntie said...

Fantastic, Sandee. I find those vellum journals to be very intriguing and oh, the possibilities they would provide! Great job, and so cute!

tomeki28 said...

Interesting, thanks for sharing
-Melody

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Hey Sandee, sorry I so late on looking at the blogs, been in a deep depressional state of mind and not doing much, but I am looking this evening and this is just amazing I have a pad of Velumn paper I am wanting to try this I just got some great pens now and the neon color crayons. I am leaving some bloggers love.

Pam said...

Love how this turned out!
Hugs,
Pam
Scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com