Saturday, July 13, 2013

Perspiration: noun

Perspire derives from the Latin spirare, "to blow" – suggesting vapors released by the body. It emerged in the 1600s as a gentler alternative to the much older word sweat.
To some, perspire sounds more refined; to others, it seems a bit precious. As one London magazine reported in 1791,
"It is well known that, for some time past, neither man, woman, nor child, in Great Britain or Ireland, of any rank or fashion, has been subject to that gross kind of exsudation which was formerly known by the name of sweat; and that now every mortal, except carters [and] coal-heavers... merely perspires." (The Gentleman's Magazine, Volume 70)
 
pronunciation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digi Haven - July 5th Red, White and Blue Challenge


Ranger - Distress Stains
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Simon Says... Pin It!


Echo Park - paper
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Maya Road - butterfly stick pin
eye jewel, flower stems - recycled material

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you are reading and enjoying your Saturday, I will be participating in a sidewalk chalk art contest and while most of you might be thinking I'll be hoping to win, which frankly I know I'll have no chance; I will be just happy if I can walk after it's over. Having a bum knee and preparing to sit, squat and kneel on a hard sidewalk just makes me hurt to think about it. I can't say that this is on my bucket list of activities to achieve before I die...
but it is something I've never done before...and that's reason enough to try.
Preparing for Sidewalk Chalk Art
Sketches for Saturday
~ wish me luck ~
:)

8 comments:

Carole Z said...

Morning! Love your card and wall hanging, both adorable! Good luck with the challenge today and hoping you won't be too stiff afterwards...I'm feeling guilty now as I aim to be doing some stamping and colouring in the comfort of my sunny garden! Hugs, Carole Z :) X

Rita said...

Oh, my knees hurt just thinking about being down on a sidewalk! This will deserve a huge chalk checkmark on your bucket list. ;)

Nana said...

Too cute. Love the shading around the adorable little bear. TFS.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Heather said...

Such an adorable card, I love how you have created the sweet bird, especially your stunning eye!!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card, and love the bird with the nosegay! I hope you had fun (and don't have too much pain afterwards) at the chalk art challenge. I love to watch people do that. We had a fellow make the poster of Rosie the Riveter on the street one day. It was so amazing.

Pam said...

Great projects! That little bear is so cute!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I hope you have a great time at the sidewalk art event! That sounds so cool!

The card is adorable and I really love the bird. The green color is just fabulous!

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Fantastic!! We haven't chosen winners yet but .... There's a special "appreciation" blog button posted on our Facebook page for everyone who entered this challenge. Thank you for joining our challenge and showing your support. https://www.facebook.com/DigiHavenChallenges