Friday, July 19, 2013

Kubrickian: adjective

From Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999) American
Think: irony, emotional aloofness, deliberate pacing.

( actually not in the dictionary although Merriam Webster lists it...confusing )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #124 ~ Ice Cream
Craftin Desert Diva's - Summer Linky Party #10

It was one of those crafting moments, when either your creation gets "filed" in the oh crap bin or you push on and make lemonade. So here I am, assembling my layers and I put the glue on the wrong side of the ice cream...:/.....what to do? Well, I smoothed out the glue and added glitter, lol I made 'glitterade' out of my mistake. Or as Charles Shultz said, I took a lick!

Cricut - Doodlecharms p. 107
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Viva Decor - Pearl pen
Ranger - stickles, Glossy Accents
Sakura - glaze pen
Fiskar - embossing plate
Big Shot

14 comments:

Winnie said...

Looks like you meant to do it all along! Looks tasty in this heatwave to me! What a perfect sentiment too! Hope you are faring well down there with the heat. For NYC to be 105-110 today, I hope you have it cooler!

Jean said...

Love your lemonade!! I have a canvas I started a week ago. I used modeling paste and a stencil. Then came the paint and gelatos. Didn't like that so washed the paint off. Tried some mists. Nope washed them off too. More paint. Washed the whole canvas and started again. Still working on my lemonade!

Rita said...

Ha! Great save! I thought you did it on purpose! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is too cute. Love your cone. You're so right, when you glue the wrong side, there's always glitter. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I love this ice cream shaped card!! Your "mistake" turned out marvelous!!! I love the glitter on the ice cream and I just love, love that quote!!!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

MaryH said...

It's adorable. I always love reading about 'saves', and this one was great! How perfect for such hot weather. Wish I had some ice cream like this. TFS & happy weekend. Hope the Mtns are cooler than the Upstate/Piedmont/Foothills...I think all of 'em are hot!

Gerda said...

What a fabulous card! I love the shape and great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Great save, although I would have never known that you didn't mean to glitter it up to begin with!!! Love that you made your ice cream cone a shaped card!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Ice Cream' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Meggymay said...

A happy accident, it looks delicious.
Yvonne

L.B. said...

Totally loving the sentiment and fun cone your created

Pat N. said...

Well, I wouldn't have known there was a mistake if you hadn't told me. Looks perfect to me!

Becky said...

Beautiful, and I love the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas "Summer" linky party!

Becky
Craftin Desert Divas Guest Designer

shelly said...

dontcha love when your "oopsies" turn out so fab :) sweet shaped card :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

Katie said...

I wouldn't never have know that the glitter was really a mistake cover up unless you told us! It looks great!