Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Steadfast and resolute....so not me!

First I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and secondly, no resolutions that cannot be kept!
I feel so strongly about that, that even my cards for New Years reflect my laid back attitude this year, AND you can read about my "maybe" resolutions for the New Year HERE.

My feather stamp is handmade and I used acrylic paint to stamp on some inked up goodies I had laying around...ok, they were stored and hoarded. lol

The first one is from the sheet of wax paper that I keep in the bottom of my spray box.

 I just love how the ink sits on top of the wax paper and dries then gets layered with more inks. Over time you can truly create some beautiful papers this way.

 Next is a paper towel. We all know about blotting up inks from our Dylusional journals and those paper towels can become works of art as far as I am concerned.

I do keep seperate towels for blotting up colors that look good together and make sure to stop when they are saturated with just the right amount of color. I also pull the layers of paper towels apart for a more translucent look.

This is a bit of tissue paper, crumpled up and used to blot inks colors.

The key to good colors here is to not overdo it, the tissue really absorbs the ink.

Last, is not my favorite I admit. It's a dryer sheet. Maybe I don't like the muddy colors?

It does have great texture but even the acrylic paint soaked into the sheet too much. I'm still trying to find uses for these sheets.

I love the play on the authors name. Did you know a feather is a symbols for a new beginning? Very appropo for a New Years card I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And for my friend Tamiko, who wanted to see the stamp I made, here it is, in all it's painted goodness.
 It's drawn with Puffy Paint on cardboard.
 I use it on my gelli printing, this is the first time I used it to make a card with it. I rather like it :)



10 comments:

Winnie said...

Sandee: I never seen any one make a stamp like that, how fun! I love the various feathers with the towels, sheet, tissue etc. I never think to use my colorful paper towels! I really love the sentiment you used as this year I need to develop more of a laid back way of being, as this year I was way too stressed. Wishing you all the best in 2014!

scrappinlil said...

Sandee...I really love that stamp. It looks so real. I am now a new follower and can't wait to see what you make in the new year.

ladynurse4 said...

What great ideas. I have just thrown out those paper towels and baby wipes that were all inked up. I will have to get my husband to buy plain white paper towels so I can do this. Love this idea.

Carole Z said...

Love your art work Sandee! Happy New Year to you! Carole Z xx

Anonymous said...

LOVE that stamp!! And I love all the different mediums you used to stamp it onto. I happen to love the dryer sheet one.....but I tend to love the earth tones so prob why. I really have to try my hand at some of those puffy paint stamps.....I love the look of them. You always continue to inspire me my friend.
Hugs, Yvonne

Unknown said...

You just amaze me Sandee!!! You are the polar opposite (craft style) than me but you give me courage to peek outside of my box!!! I am almost embarassed to post my MM creations!!!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!!!

Pat N. said...

Love your William Feather quotes and feathers! How ingenious! Great stuff as always, Sandee. Wishing you a very happy New Year!

Darnell said...

You are so creative, Sandee! Thank you sharing the various papers and how they retain the colors so differently. I have never tried coloring on waxed paper, so thank you for that one; can't wait to try it!! And applause for making your own fabulous feather stamp ~ Mr. Feather would love it!!

Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Love the stamp and the various ways you used it on your hoarded papers.. lol This card comes out super cute! Do you use a typewrite? Yes I am examining the sentiment now..lmaoo or do you print them on paper or cs then adhere your image?? Inquiring minds want to know!! I cannot believe as many times as I have been to your page.. I wasn't a MEMBER? (YIKES).. Fixed that!! :) Sending ya a lil love in 2014!

505whimsygirl said...

Very cool Sandee! I love your stamp too. I think the card that catches my eye is the card with the tissue paper -- although ALL of them are great!

No resolutions for me either.

Peace,
Kay