Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Helmar - Summer

It was kinda surreal to be designing a summer themed project right after our first snow fall of the year and temperatures in the 30's, but nice too. Thinking about the summer for me, means Panama Beach Florida where I vacation every year...beach, sun, swimming...::sigh::

This is my 6 x 12" wall hanging that I designed:

This was my first time experimenting with Helmar's Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid and I must say I was delighted and will definitely use this again. Not only was I able to mold it to the shape that I wanted ( I laid a piece of wax paper over my sea horse so that I could mold the curve to match ) but after it is treated, you can paint on it and the inks don't bleed like they normally do when applied to fabric.

After the lace piece had dried, I adhered it with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

Adding decorations with my Helmar's Gemstone Adhesive:

Enjoying playing with my typography and lettering:

The paper came from the Frosted Designs October Mixed Media Kit, on top of the paper was a lot of layering of these products:


13 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE this Sandee!! The colors are wonderful and your handwriting makes it perfect!

Barb Craft said...

This is fabulous Sandee!! I love the way you used the lace on the seahorse... great idea!!! LOVE!!

barb :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

lovely wall hanging

Meggymay said...

Wonderful hanging Sandee, it would brighten our dull winter days.
Yvonne

fairy thoughts said...

that is Soo cool
janet

Glenda said...

This is definitely very unique! I love it and it is one of a kind. Well done girl!

Anonymous said...

I love this Sandee.....and your lettering seriously ROCKS!!! Great job girl!!

Winnie said...

Love your hanging! The seahorse is so amazing in color and texture. Your fun handwriting always give your pieces such a unique look. This style is so playful.

Pam said...

Lovely wall hanging Sandee! I love the pretty seahorse, the colors are great and the little touch of lace and pearls are perfect!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Teen Queen said...

This is so wonderful. I love the sentiments and your hand writing is wonderful! Great project.

MaryH said...

Delightful...love your pretty seahorse, and enjoyed seeing the how-to pictures too. What a wonderful hanging to remind you of sunny Panama Bch when you're looking outside at the dreary days we've had lately. We heard our neighborhood got snow flurries Thanksgiving as well. We were glad to be in So. Fla! TFS & Hugs

Stampn' Papper Scrapper said...

Wow! Inspirational!!

Love it !!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love this! Your play on words, the color.